Helpful
Replies

Release key for TCNC codec software

Andrey Emelin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

My question is very simple )

As far as I know, Release keys for TC and TCNC Cisco codec software are different. It's not possible to activate, e.q. TC software  with "TCNC" Release key and vice versa. My codec uses TCNC software, but it's not up to date. If I want to upgrade it to the latest software release - how can I get correct Release key?

I don't see any possibility to choose something like TCNC5.1.1 in the list of available releases in online tool (Tandberg Software -> Get new Release Key), all releases in the list are something like TCX.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should contact Cisco License Team (license@cisco.com) with your Endpoint Serial Number and service contract information.

They will assist to correct database (if any) and provide you correct release key package.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should contact Cisco License Team (license@cisco.com) with your Endpoint Serial Number and service contract information.

They will assist to correct database (if any) and provide you correct release key package.

Thank you for you answer.

I did that, but I've got an answer, that my codec "is configured as encrypted" and I cannot get Release Key fo encrypted software. Moreover, if I generate new Release Key, I get the release key for crypto software. But I don't need It and I can't use it.

There is a typo in my last reply. It should be "...

and I cannot get Release Key fo NON-encrypted software"

Is there not a link to request it yourself or do you always need to contact your vendor or cisco?

You can get release keys for the version you're on (being TC or TCNC) from the Cisco Licening Portal.  But to change between the different versions, you need to contact Cisco.  In both cases, you need an active service contract on your device.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks

Short comment. The TCNC software is not about "I do not need encryption", it is about, the country you are in if you are allowed to use encryption software, or better if Cisco is allowed to export software using encryption there.

So as long as you or your system is not under these requirements simply use the TC software and if you do not need encryption simply do not use or disable it.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Oh I see.

You may turn off encryption by “xConfiguration Conference 1 Encryption Mode:off”.

But do you have any other reason that you can’t have Endpoint with encryption code? (i.e. Endpoint in country doesn’t allow to import AES capability system, etc.)

Yes, I do - there are import regulations fo crypto products. So the problem is I don't need crypto, I just want to get new Release key to upgrade my software that I do really have.

What is SN of your Endpoint?

If you worry about posting SN on this portal, please feel free to send me directly to my e-mail address, tomtanig@cisco.com.

OK, thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: