cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCNP CCIE 3560 switch to use.

jeff113113
Level 1
Level 1

I'm building a CCIE lab and wanted to know does it matter what 3560 switch I use. I see some 8 port ones going for a good price but I just wanted to know if if matters what model 3560 switch is used? Thank

3 Replies 3

Vivek Ganapathi
Level 4
Level 4

You can't build an entire CCIE topology with just 8 ports. Atleast 3 cables goes off to connect inter-switch link itself. I would suggest you fix up a vendor topology you wish to simulate (Example : Cisco 360, INE, IPexpert or Narbik) & the begin to calculate the port density you would need.

So, overall, Yes it matters which model of 3560 you would choose. For sure, 8 port switch won't be enuff.

Regards

Vivek

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Functionally, I believe, all 3560 operate alike.  Besides the 8 port, I recall there was also a 12 port variant too.

gurpreetabdal
Level 1
Level 1

Yes - you can, with some compromise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: