Views
Helpful
Replies

Active vlans routing

jason.tan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I got this configuration question which I am puzzled.

Refer to the attachment. I got 2 L3 switches and the requirement is that based on the vlan tagged from L2 switch, the respective L3 switch should handle the vlan routing. And both L3 switches should back each other.

What type of switching concept this? How should I configure the L3 switches?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ali Bahnam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You can configure the switches as (active/standby) through the HSRP where you can configure it on the interface VLAN.

Create all the VLANs that you want to use on the both L3 switches so the Switch with high priority int VLAN  will be the active in case the L3 switch goes down the backup switch will become Active.

I hope this help you,

Please update me,

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Ali Bahnam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You can configure the switches as (active/standby) through the HSRP where you can configure it on the interface VLAN.

Create all the VLANs that you want to use on the both L3 switches so the Switch with high priority int VLAN  will be the active in case the L3 switch goes down the backup switch will become Active.

I hope this help you,

Please update me,

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card