cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why the LMS topology Service takes long time to reflect the device availability status?

conceptzone
Level 1
Level 1

In the topology services map, the color status of the router takes long time to move from red to green and vice versa.

i have already configured the time interval in the fault monitor poller setting to 6minutes but the only thing reflected the little mark at the top of the icon itself. anyhow the topology service still believe that the devices are unreachable. i have waited almost 45 minutes and nothing happened.

please let me known the trick to make the topology services act more quicker .

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Topology Services isn't really designed to be a near real time network device up/down tool. It will an change icon's status as a result an ANI engine polling cycle or an admin operator-initiated manual device rediscovery. While you can increase the frequency of polling cycles, that's not usually such a good idea as you could make the server be polling constantly and never completing a job.

To ascertain near real time fault status one should refer to the Fault Dashboard.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: