Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2960S Switch

syed.shameem1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am a designing a network where there are 8 switches in each Cabinet of each floor. So I've chosen 5 of “WS-C2960S-48TD-L” non POE switches and 3 of “WS-C2960S-48FPD-L” of POE switches for Data, IP Phones and IP Camera’s.

My question is while stacking, Can  POE and NON POE Switches be stacked together. Also kindly suggest me a transceiver for 10G Multimode and Short range.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shameem

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I am a designing a network where there are 8 switches in each Cabinet of each floor. So I've chosen 5 of “WS-C2960S-48TD-L” non POE switches and 3 of “WS-C2960S-48FPD-L” of POE switches for Data, IP Phones and IP Camera’s.

You can stack a maximum of four (4) 2960S together in a stack.  You cannot stack five or more.

My question is while stacking, Can  POE and NON POE Switches be stacked together.

Yes you can.

Also kindly suggest me a transceiver for 10G Multimode and Short range.

Cisco SFP-10G-SR

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can stack a maximum of four (4) 2960S together in a stack.  You cannot stack five or more.

My question is while stacking, Can  POE and NON POE Switches be stacked together.

Yes you can.

Also kindly suggest me a transceiver for 10G Multimode and Short range.

Cisco SFP-10G-SR

Thanks for the help leo!!

Happy to be of some form of assistance. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card