Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 restrict a port to only one Access point

sorensteinmetz
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem concerning the topic.

On a small Bording School we have the students living in several small houses, each equipped with an AP

Each Ap serve 4 Vlans

I want to restrict the switch for these AP, in a way to keep the students from removing the AP and connecting their own equipment.

I tried using the secure port feature on the SG300, but that had the result of allowing the AP but denying all the users connected to the AP.

The switch is a SG300-28P placed in L3 mode

Any hints would be appreciated

Regards

Sören Steinmetz

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Soren,

At this time there is not a technology to do what I think you're aiming for on this model. One cool feature is  an ARP inspection where the switch will drop any untrusted MAC address.  This is supported on the SX500 switches and the older SFE/SGE switches.

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

sorensteinmetz
Level 1
Level 1

It seems noone is able to help me on this, guess I just have to find a way to simply turn off the switch each night instead thus making it impossible for the staff to work at those times.

Hello Soren,

At this time there is not a technology to do what I think you're aiming for on this model. One cool feature is  an ARP inspection where the switch will drop any untrusted MAC address.  This is supported on the SX500 switches and the older SFE/SGE switches.

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hello Thoma

I had a feeling that might be the case, just wanted to make sure.

Seems I better superglue the connectors for the time being then.

Thanks for the answer, appreciated.

Regards

Sören Steinmetz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card