cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Android phones won't connect Guest Wireless

rsalahuddin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - Android users can connect to our hospital guest wireless but will not have connectivity. Our wireless infrastructure is WISM based with 2 controllers on 6509 platform. We have a mixed environment of 1231, 1252 & 3502 series APs.

Has anyone had an issue connecting just Android devices? All other devices connect fine.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

What is the security for the SSID? webauth? if yes do they get the auth page?

How do you know that the devices can connect?

What is your WLC version?

is this happenign to ALL android phones? how many?

Thanks.

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

can  you share a few more details about your guest network. also is the devices getting an ip address?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Hi George - Yes devices are getting IP addresses. I have a device with me right now and it got assigned an IP but will not go connect to any webpages period. We have an internal DHCP server (WISM) for our Guest Wireless. This SSID is open without any security features added to it. We can connect our Ipads, iphones and laptops. Android phones not connecting just dont make sense. Any advise?

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

What is the security for the SSID? webauth? if yes do they get the auth page?

How do you know that the devices can connect?

What is your WLC version?

is this happenign to ALL android phones? how many?

Thanks.

Amjad

Hi Amjad - There is no security for that Guest SSID. Users connect automatically without any webauth. I verified connectivity with my iphone, ipad and my laptop. I was able to connect and surf the web. I also have an Android phone with me this morning for testing. It gets an IP but wont connect to the web.

The current code on WLC is 7.0.98.213. Yesterday, 3 users had issues with their Android phones. Today I brought mine, so it makes all 4 of us.

Have you had this kind of issue before? Please advise.

-Rez

let me offer an advices:

the version 7.0.98.213 is an engineering image not supported by cisco. the official release from cisco is 7.0.98.218. upgrade to this or later releases.

the other thing is, we need to know the status of the android client when it is connected. so, can you please apply the following command while your android is connected:

show client detail

hope output will point us to the cause of the issue.

amjad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: