Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2 How to save devices configurations

Michel Legare
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I like to know how I can save or export all of my devices configurations to an FTP server for example.

Cisco Prime LMS 4.2 appliance.

Thanks

Michel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

IF you have Cisco Prime LMS 4.2, you can configure it to take a backup of your configuration automatically. It is readily configured to do so out of box and once the device is added to ciscoworks. This is possible using Configuration Management feature in LMS.

Configuration Management in Cisco Prime LAN Management Solutions (LMS) allows you to manage, deploy, and modify the configuration files used by devices in your network. You can run tools that can compare configuration files and perform software image management tasks.

For more details check Archiving Configurations and Managing them using Configuration Archive.

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

IF you have Cisco Prime LMS 4.2, you can configure it to take a backup of your configuration automatically. It is readily configured to do so out of box and once the device is added to ciscoworks. This is possible using Configuration Management feature in LMS.

Configuration Management in Cisco Prime LAN Management Solutions (LMS) allows you to manage, deploy, and modify the configuration files used by devices in your network. You can run tools that can compare configuration files and perform software image management tasks.

For more details check Archiving Configurations and Managing them using Configuration Archive.

-Thanks

Vinod

OK thanks. What i really like to do is saving all my config in a zip file for example and copy that file on a other server. Is it possible ?

Thats something which is not in design structure in LMS. It is itself intended to save all your configuration and do almost all the stuff you want to do with it, and that pretty easily via GUI. But it is not able to send the archived configuration to another server/directory.

But this is possible indirectly. You create a script to run to do this. Ciscoworks saves a copy latest configuration in shadow directory, from where the script can move them to desired location.

For more details on Shadow directory please see :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.2/user/guide/admin/collection.html#wp1109985

-Thanks

Vinod

ok thank you !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: