cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator licensing question

chadreynolds
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who has purchased CUCM 8.6 (top level sku CUCM-USR-LIC) by itself, no Unity Connection, Presence, etc.  Since my customer did not purchase UWL licensing, are they entitled to use IP Communicator (IPC) without purchasing a IPC end-user license?  They have several DLUs available and want to put some towards IPC, so can these be used without the IPC license?

Regards,

Chad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

IPCOMM86-SW (top level sku)  IPCOMM86-LIC (end-user license) give you the license for the client itself (need 1 -LIC per IPC deployed, this is the equivilent of purchasing the phone).  You also need to order CUCM Licenses

If this is a stand alone phone, you need an enhanced license (i.e. LIC-CUCM-USR-A )

if it is paired with an existing phone that is using the enhanced license, then you need an adjunct license (LIC-ADJ-USR-AUDVID)

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Denis Pointer
Level 1
Level 1

short answer, they need to buy adittional user licenses for the IPC client.

Each UCL License entitles the user to one device

if they have Enhanced users today, and the IPC will be paired with a desk, they can purchase an Adjunct license

here are some relevant exerts from the odering guide:

User-Centric Licensing

Desktop Video License – Entitles the user to use of one (1) Desktop Video, Enhanced, Basic, or Eseential

endpoint, where an endpoint is defined as a hard phone, soft phone, or mobile client from Cisco or a third

party. The Desktop Video License also entitles Mobile Connect for a user.

Enhanced IP User License - Entitles the user to use of one (1) Enhanced, Basic, or Essential endpoint. The

Enhanced IP User License also entitles Mobile Connect for a user. Any user with a mobile client or third-party

mobile solution requires an Enhanced UCL.

Basic IP User License - Entitles the user to use of one (1) Basic or Essential endpoint. Basic IP User License

also entitles Mobile Connect for a user.

Essential User License – Entitles the user to use one (1) Cisco IP Essential Endpoint, Fax Machine, or other

analog device like conference phone, modem, etc.

o

Note : Essential License was formerly known as Analog/Application Only License.

Adjunct License – Adjunct licesnce entitles an existing Desktop, Enhanced, or Basic licensed user one

additional assigned endpoint of equal or lesser UCL value, where an endpoint is defined as a hard phone, soft

phone, or mobile client from Cisco or a third part

Enhanced UCL

IP Phone 6941, 6945, 6961

IP Phone 7900 Series (790xG, 7911G, 7912G, 7931G, 794xG, 796xG, 7975G)

IP Phone 8900 Series (8941, 8945, 8961)

IP Phone 9900 Series (9951, 9971) with or without camera

Wireless IP Phones Series (792xG, 7925G-EX)

IP Conference Stations (7936G, 7937G)

Softphones (CUPC, CUCILync, CUCIConnect, CIPC)

TelePresence E20

Third Party SIP Devices

Any Basic, or Essential device

Thank you for your response.

My final question is, do you know if these are the correct part #'s to purchase for my customer (latest IPC client)?

IPCOMM86-SW (top level sku)

IPCOMM86-LIC (end-user license)

IPCOMM86-SW (top level sku)  IPCOMM86-LIC (end-user license) give you the license for the client itself (need 1 -LIC per IPC deployed, this is the equivilent of purchasing the phone).  You also need to order CUCM Licenses

If this is a stand alone phone, you need an enhanced license (i.e. LIC-CUCM-USR-A )

if it is paired with an existing phone that is using the enhanced license, then you need an adjunct license (LIC-ADJ-USR-AUDVID)

They have plenty of available UCL's for CUCM that aren't in use, so just the IPC is all that is needed.  Thanks again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: