cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM8.5 integration with MS Lync (Dual fork)

Hi Everyone,

I have Integration of CUCM8.5 with Microsoft Lync 2010 through sip trunk (CUCM_Lync). currently enterprise-voice-service-enabled-users in Lync Server are able to call / dial other lync clients and IP- Phone extensions simaltanously. CUCM is integrated with LDAP and imports the user from Domain Controllers.

Lync User are also able to call PSTN network from Lync client through CUCM Sip trunk and its working fine.

Now when i dial an user extension from IP Phone, then only His / Her IP phone rings not the Lync Client, Can anyone help me, how to achieve this??

You all will be knowing that , we cannot transfer internal extension to Gateway / Route List, so i cannot forward call from internal_extension to another internal_extension on Gateway / Sip Trunk (CUCM_Lync)

I have remote destination profiles for some user but i also dont have any DID's, so i cannot transfer call from cucm to lync-client via Remote Destination-Profile using PSTN trunk. 

Please help, if there is any way to ring both IP Phones and Lync-Client simultaneously.

Regards,

Waqas

5 Replies 5

No one is capable of integrating Call Manager with Microsoft Lync without CUCI-Lync?

No one has idea of Dual Forking or parallel ring?

Please Reply, Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Waqas

Hi

There's quite a lot of material on this subject out there... try this:

http://tech.rundtomrundt.com/2011/03/lync-in-coexistence-with-cucm-part-2.html

Basically you don't need DIDs to route to on Lync, but you do need numbers of some sort. Whatever numbers you would dial from the Cisco phones to reach the Lync clients are the numbers you would use for the remote destination target.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

HI Aaron, Thanks for your reply.

I followed your provided link and configured the Lync-Server and CUCM8.5 as per guide. I have also got a very informative document from Cisco (Link Below) regarding Lync-CUCM integration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/collateral/ns340/ns414/ns728/ns784/1048876.pdf

After following the step by step configuration of guide, when i dial a remote destination number of lync-client from my 7945 IP Phone, I get an FAST Busy tone. I have also checked for the real time logs at lync server and as per finding, outbound call is not reaching to Lync/mediation server through SIP Trunk as there isn't any log of call at lync-server.

I have also installed the RTMT on my machine to verify the call logs/ call trace/ signaling at CUCM8.5 end but i am unable to take Real Time Call Trace of SIP Trunk at RTMT. Can you Please share any link or guide , where i can configure the RTMT to get/copy/download real time Call logs/Call trace of outbound call through SIP Trunk.

Please help, Thanks

Regards,

Waqas

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

Natively, you can't do what you want: Have a DN ring on both an internal and an external number.

However, you can (ab)use the Single Number Reach feature to achieve this. See

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-14629

As Aaron said, you don't need a DID number, just some form of number to route to Lync,

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

@ Aaron and Gordon,

Guys , i have setup the RTMT and found the below error.  Complete Error Message, Description and Recomended actions are pasted below after the screen shot.  Any suggestion on it?

BTW, i have verified the recommended actions mentioned in this error msg, which includes verification of network connectivity and Incoming port configuration. Please help

ccm: 2136: CMPUB-LHR-IPT: Jun 30 2012 06:28:24.289 UTC : %UC_CALLMANAGER-3-SIPTrunkOOS: %[DeviceName=CUCM_LYNC][UnavailableRemotePeersWithReasonCode=10.109.10.139, 5060, local=0; 10.109.10.44, 5060, local=0][ClusterID=StandAloneCluster][NodeID=CMPUB-LHR-IPT]: All remote peers are out of service and unable to handle calls for this SIP trunk

Description:

All remote peers are out of service and unable to handle calls for this SIP trunk

Explanation: All remote peers for this SIP trunk are out of service and unable to handle calls. This alarm provides the reason code received by the SIP trunk in response to an Options request sent to the remote peer. The list of unavailable remote peers is provided in this alarm and each peer is separated by semi-colon. For each peer, the alarm provides the hostname or SRV (if configured on SIP trunk), resolved IP address, port number, and reason code in the following format: ReasonCodeType=ReasonCode. ReasonCodeType could be based on a SIP response from the remote peer as defined in SIP RFCs (Remote) or based on a reason code provided by Unified CM (Local). Examples of possible reason codes include Remote=503 ("503 Service Unavailable" a standard SIP RFC error code), Remote=408 ("408 Request Timeout" a standard SIP RFC error code), Local=1 (request timeout), Local=2 (local SIP stack is not able to create a socket connection with the remote peer), Local=3 (DNS query failed). For Local=3, IP address in Alarm will be represented as "0" and when dns srv is configured on SIP trunk then port will be represented as "0".

Recommended Action:

For Remote=503, possible reasons include 1) route/sip trunk for originating side doesn't exist on remote peer; 2) route/sip trunk for originating side does exist on the remote peer but the port is either used for a SIP phone or a different sip trunk; 3) the remote peer has limited resources and may not be able to handle new calls. For the first cause (item 1), if the remote peer is Unified CM, add a new SIP trunk in Unified CM Administration for the remote peer (Device > Trunk) and make certain that the Destination Address and Destination Port fields are configured to point to the originating host (the originating host is the same node on which this alarm was generated). Also ensure the new SIP trunk has the incoming port in associated SIP Trunk Security Profile configured to be same as originating side SIP Trunk destination port. For the second cause (item 2), if the remote peer is Unified CM, then in Unified CM Administration for the remote peer (Device > Trunk) make certain that incoming port in associated SIP Trunk Security Profile is configured to be same as originating side SIP Trunk destination port. For the third cause (item 3), if the remote peer is administered by a different system administrator, consider communicating the resource issue with the other administrator. For remote=408, possible reason includes remote is running low in resources and unable to process the request. If the remote peer is administered by a different system administrator, consider communicating the resource issue with the other administrator. For Local=1, possible reason could be that no responses has been received for Options request after all retries when transport is configured as UDP in SIP trunk Security Profile assigned to the SIP trunk on originating side. To fix this issue, if the remote peer is Unified CM, then go to remote peer Serviceability web page and then Tools -> Control Center (Feature Services) and make sure Cisco Call Manager service is activated and started. Also, go to remote peer admin web page and then to Device -> Trunk and do a find and make sure that there is a SIP trunk exist with incoming port in associated SIP Trunk security profile configured to be same as what is configured on originating side SIP Trunk destination port. Also, check the network connectivity using the CLI command "utils network ping remote_peer" at originating side. For Local=2, possible reason could be that Unified CM is not be able to create socket connection with remote peer. To fix this issue, if remote peer is Unified CM, then go to remote peer Serviceability web page and then Tools -> Control Center (Feature Services) and make sure Cisco Call Manager service is activated and started. Also, go to remote peer admin web page and then to Device -> Trunk and do a find and make sure that there is a SIP trunk exist with incoming port in associated SIP Trunk security profile configured to be same as what is configured on originating side SIP Trunk destination port. Also, check the network connectivity using "utils network ping remote_peer" at originating side. For Local=3, possible reason could be DNS server is not reachable or DNS is not properly configured to resolve hostname or SRV which is configured on local SIP trunk. To fix this issue, go to OS Administration web page and go to Show -> Network and look into DNS Details and make sure it is correct. If not then configure correct DNS server information using CLI "set network dns primary" command. Also, check the network connectivity with DNS server using "utils network ping "remote_peer" and make sure DNS server is properly configured.

Parameters:

DeviceName - Name of SIP trunk

UnavailableRemotePeersWithReasonCode -  List of unavailable remote peers, separated by semicolons, in the following format: hostname or SRV, IP address, port, Reason code type followed by the reason code for that peer

Enum Definitions:

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: