Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320 and regions

a.burchell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have UC320 installed and am in an area that is both 5 number and 6 number digit plans.

I have set the system to 6 digits, but then finding we cannot dial locally 5 didgits as I presume the system is waiting for the 6th.

Is this correct or is my issue with dialling restrictions.

I am running software 2.2.2  

Thanks

16 Replies 16

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello a.burchell,

Where is the UC320W located?

Here are the supported regions:

Australia - English

Austria - German

Canada - English and French

Chile - Spanish

France - French

Germany - German

Hong Kong - English

Ireland - English

Italy - Italian

Mexico - Spanish

New Zealand - English

Portugal - Portuguese

Singapore - English

Spain - Spanish

Switzerland - German, French, Italian

United Kingdom - English

United States of America -  English

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps11388/guide_c07-641629.pdf(Region support is on page 6).

Thanks,

-john

I'm from Peru, our dial plan is of 7 digits. I'm using the pack for Chile, but I can't make calls to another country (00), or to free lines (0 800), how could i avoid this problem??

Hello Silvia,

Unfortunately the UC320 does not support a Peru dial plan.

Thanks,

-john

Is one of the available compatible??

Are you planning to develope a Region Pack for Peru??

Do the UC540 and 560 have the same problem?

Hello Silvia,

I don't believe any of the other regions would be compatible. You could try other regions but more than likely you will run into issues with certain numbers that you will be unable to dial.

Regarding development of a region pack please see the following post:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-18495

"Current Region Pack development is on hold until further notice, our focus has shifted to continue addressing quality for the countries supported currently. Please stay tuned for further announcements."

The UC540 and UC560 can support Peru dial plans. There is not a Peru dial plan by default available, but you can modify the Mexico dial plan so that it can support Peru dial plans. That is not possible in the UC320W.

Thanks,

-john

Thanks for your answer.

Hi John,

The 320 is located in the uk under area code 01884, the issue is in this area there are some number that have 5 digits and some that have 6 digits, I have set the dialing plan to 6 digits but then it seems the unit will not dial local numbers with 5 digits.

Does this sound about right.

Thanks

Hello a.burchell,

Thanks for the followup. This does indeed like there is an issue with the dial plan configuration with your UC. Can you tell me what version of firwmare you are running on the UC? When you set the dial plan length to 5 you are able to make local calls, just not to numbers that are 6 digits, correct?

I will look into this issue further. If you need immediate support please feel free to reach out to the Small Business Support Center at 0800 917 5473.

Thanks,

-john

Hello a.burchell,

Could you also submit some feedback regarding this issue? To do that, login to the UC's web interface, click the services button near the top right on the window, choose feedback, choose a feedback category of dialing issues, and fill out the appropriate information. This will allow us to examine your issue more closely.

Thanks,

-john

a.burchell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply, firmware version is 2.2.2(1).

The region is uk and set to 6 digits, local numbers with 6 digits work fine, problem is the area also has some 5 digit numbers, these are the ones the customer cannot dial without putting the area code in.

Thanks

Andy ..

Hello Andy,

Thanks for the information. Currently the UC is operating correctly in that it only permits 1 fixed local number. We are looking into a workaround for this issue that could be implemented with the current firmware.

Thanks,

-john

Hello Andy,

Is this UC using SIP/FXO or both?

Can you tell me what area codes you are unable to dial when using 5 or 6 digit local dial plan?

Thanks,

-john

Hi John.

This system is only used for SIP, but it is usiung a Medatrix box as the incumming calls are on ISDN. (4 channels)

6 digit numbers are fine, they can dial these without the code (01184) , just 5 digit numbers do not work unless the code is entered.

The system is configured as UK with 6 digit dialling plan.

Thanks

Hello Andy,

I sent you a private message regarding this. I believe we have a fix for your issue. If you could please reply to my PM we can proceed with testing the fix.

Thanks,

-john

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: