Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP distribute-list out question

smart5
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gurus,

I have a question regarding the use of distribute list out to only advertise deafult route to certain eigrp neighbor.

Current Scenario: i have 3 routers sitting in a same vlan1 on the switch running eigrp. Name them A, B & C. I need to advertise to C from A just default route only while keeping same to B.

i cant just use distribute-list out interface as literally all 3 of them in the same vlan interface. i read that distribute-list gateway can helps in restricting to certain neighbor, but it mentions only work for incoming advertisement.

For info, i do not have access/control of router C. what's the best way for me to achieve this on router A. Thankyou                  

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello smart5@hotmail.com,

if the LAN switch, RA and RB are under your control and the LAN switch is configurable and supports Vlans, you can modify the topology by adding a new Vlan so that you can move RA-RB EIGRP adjacency on that new Vlan.

At that point you can apply a distribute list out on the vlan subinterface associated to Vlan 1 to RC that is the only neighbor left out there and you can achieve your objective.

Edit:

for doing this the switch port facing RA LAN interface has to be configured as a trunk allowing Vlans 1,X where X is the new Vlan and RA configuration has to be changed to use Vlan based subinterfaces.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Giuseppe,

A nice workaround!

Best regards,

Peter

A good solution has already been posted,

Alternating solution could be to put distribute-list in on RTB and deny default route while receiving others.

Regards

M

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card