cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300-10 crash after 1.2.5.70 upgrade

n.sinanis
Level 1
Level 1

Just updated the fw to 1.2.5.70 and after a while, the device crashed wth the following message in the flash log.

21474836472012-Jun-17 11:46:21Emergency %SYSLOG-F-OSFATAL:    FATAL ERROR: GOAH: ABORT DATA exception   ***** FATAL ERROR *****   SW Version  :  1.2.5.70 Version Date:  11-Jun-2012 Version Tim e:  17:35:31  Instruction            0x150348 Exception vector       0x10 Program state register 0x60000013 0x0015014c  ***** END OF FATAL ERROR *****      

Haven't seen the switch crashing before. Any ideas?

Nick

10 Replies 10

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Nick,

Absolutely no idea why that happened, woked fine on my SG300-10P.

I think the good folks  at the Small Business Support Center (SBSC) can better assist if the switch is damaged.

http://www.cisco.com/go/sbsc

I am however wondering what is the active image on the switch , is it 1.2.5.70 or the old version of firmware.

I have seen the error message before, but i the message is cryptic to me , I guess not to the product engineer.     

Suggest, if you would be so kind , as to open a case and  let the good folk at SBSC validate that the switch is good or bad.

regards Dave

Tejendra1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nick,

I also tried to upgrade and it did work. so I believe it may be problem while upgrade or with switch.

Hi,

If you would be so kind contact the folks at SBSC to get a resolution.

regards Dave

Thanks Dave.

The crash happened after the restart to boot the new image. The router does run the latest image (it says so the crash message).

I had no issues other than the IPv6 problem I posted here. I hope it is not a HW problem

Anyway, I am contacting SBSC as you suggested and I'll let know the group of the outcome.

Nick

-- UPDATE: I was suggested to repeat the upgrade with IE and (not FF as I had done initially). Going back to the prevous FW and then again to the latest didn't produce any crash. Strange, as both FW transfers ended up with the same checksum of transfered FW.

I leave the thread as a placeholder for other problems like this, as now the crash message is searchable. Thank you all guys.

Hi Nick,

I checked my SG300-10P a short time ago and found that Chrome got stuck on the status page, yep but no issues with IE.

Interesting observatation, yep a good thread.

regards Dave

Hi Nick, hi Dave,

The 1.2.5.70 upgrade on my SG300-10P V1 was flawless, however I allways get a sort of compression error if I try to install the German language file.

accnasaccnas
Level 1
Level 1

I too am having the same error/problem, this error occur everytime when I logout using the logout button. The switch will crash and reboot itself and the error is logged in Flash Memory Log Table. I already tried to repeat the upgrade with IE, the error still occur. Any ideas?

Hi

Sorta have to be very careful as to how you describe problems.  You really have a different symptom but almost the same result..a reboot of the system.

I tried the logout and saw nothing other than myself logging in and out see my capture below as taken from the console..

User Name:dave

Password:******

SG300-10P#12-Jun-2012 08:29:36 %AAA-I-CONNECT: New http connection for user dave, source 192.168.10.100 destination 192.168.10.30 ACCEPTED

12-Jun-2012 08:30:45 %AAA-I-DISCONNECT: http connection for user dave, source 192.168.10.100 destination 192.168.10.30 TERMINATED

SG300-10P#sh version

SW version    1.2.5.70 ( date  11-Jun-2012 time  17:35:31 )

Boot version    1.0.0.4 ( date  08-Apr-2010 time  16:37:57 )

HW version    V01

It could be most interesting to see,  and capture the console  at the time of the reboot .  It actually may indicate what the problem might be.

It seems a inconvenient issue, but survivable, considering all you have to do is close the browser to work around this issue.

When you have some time, get in contact with the giood folk at SBSC to get a trained eye to check out your switch.

regards Dave

Thanks Dave.

Here's the console same message show up as the flash log table. And I just found out that if I logged in and let the session timeout, it will reboot itself with the same error. . Will contact @ SBSC and report back later. 

Hi acc,

I am just wondering what affect a reset to factory defaults could have on the longterm switch stability.

It's worth a quick try.

i am guessing that the crash information stored in flash would have to be escalated to development to decipher.

Anyway try the reset to factory defaults, and if that fails to instill some stability, phone in and open the case with SBSC.

www.cisco.com/go/sbsc

regards Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X