Hi Experts ,
How can I monitor the status of the SIP Trunk on Cisco UC 500 Series (UC520) Device ?
Being mostly on the Security/Switching , I have very limited exposure to the Cisco Voice domain.
From the search that I have done the following are the conclusions. Please correct me if I am wrong
1. I could have used RTMT (Real Time Monitoring Tool ) if the whole VoIP was setup on Cisco Call Manager
2. Being a Small Business platform , I could have used Cisco Monitor Manager but it has reached EOL/EOS and is no more.
- Are there any options to monitor and alert the status of the SIP Trunk ( Registered or Disconnected ) on Cisco Configuration Assistant (which is the only way by which UC 500 Series Device can be configured and monitored , I believe) ?
- Can Options Ping which is available on CUBE Devices, be used to monitor the status of SIP Trunk ? I have read it 's like a heartbeat mechanism . Not sure !
- Are there any Third Party Free /Paid Applications available for the purpose ?
Yes, you would find the OIDs you want, then use one of the many SNMP monitoring tools. I believe you could also download the OID list for CME -- it should be the same as UC500.
The above doc is for EEM... basically EEM allows you to trigger TCL scripts (a scripting language) based on certain events... such as syslog, snmp, certain cli commands, etc. From TCL you can do things like: run CLI commands, send email, etc...
This is for IP SLA:
It doesn't fit exactly what you want -- I don't think you can monitor a SIP trunk with it... but it can measure things like Jitter, Latency, Packetloss, Up/Down on your connection -- which can be handy when working with SIP.