DMS Acceptance Testing Document

Unanswered Question
Jun 18th, 2012

Does anyone know of any Cisco generated Acceptance Testing documentation for the DMS solution? I am looking to define and record the specific actions necessary to test the Cisco Digital Media Suite in order to declare it ready for a customers use.

The DMM / SNS / CAST / DMP's / MXE / Cisco LCD's and AS7100 encoders make up a standard deployment for me. I have a document in the works and was just wondering if anything is existing that would accomplish the same task for the DMS practice.

-Keith

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
sagar.sarker Fri, 11/09/2012 - 10:25

Hello keith,

Kinda same deployment we have done. Just out of curiocity, I want to know what are the differences between AS7100 and Cisco DME. We are using the same AS7100 for showing live channel to the DMPs' through DMM. Are you using AS7100 for live streaming or what? Have you used AS7100 with SNS for live streaming?

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Rgds,

Sagar

keithcroft Mon, 11/12/2012 - 15:09

The main difference is the 7100 is HD and capable of multiple streams, runs on a windows server and if you are installing for a DoD customer is a nightmare to secure and still maintain functionally.

If you are planning to do live events, the profile plugin on Show and Share is only available for DME encoders, it is not available for Cisco Media Processor encoders (ASxxxx series). Therefore, You need to manage the encoder directly, and use "non-DME live event" option for the Show and Share live event, add a link to the encoder stream into the "Video URL" on the Show and Share.

If you have access to the Cisco downloads for this device, all of the detailed documents are contained within the upgrade. Read those documents and then odds will be with you .

I hope this helps

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted June 18, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Stats:
Replies:2 Avg. Rating:4
Views:655 Votes:0
Shares:0

Related Content

Discussions Leaderboard