Dial Plans - Outbound Calls

Unanswered Question
Jun 18th, 2012

Hello,

I must say that I have been taken aback by the comments I have seen on the UC320W so far and I am starting to feel like I may have made the wrong decision for my client to use this product. If this product would not be supported in all regions, I wonder why Cisco still sells them to those regions where they are not supported. Something as simple as a dial plan is apparently such a big deal as without it working, the basic function of the system would be completely defeated as is the case for me.

I operate out of Lagos Nigeria and one of the things I have been battling with in the last 48 hours after implementing the UC320W at a client's site is to get a suitable dial plan that will allow my client dial out. This has been a nighmare and I only wish I had spent more time reading through this forum to understand the challenges that exist with this product.

Can anyone please give ideas or suggestions on how I can get to make outbound calls from this product over the FXO port? In Nigeria, it is 11 digits for mobile phones and 7 digits for local land lines.

I am probably going to stop recommending this product to a lot of my clients who have all signified interest after doing a round of presentations for most of them weeks ago. Probably when Cisco is able to work on the issues highlited by most here, then one may consider then to re-introduce to prospective users.

Any help to get this working right now will be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Femi

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
femi.agboade Thu, 06/21/2012 - 02:37

Hello Nitin,

Thank you for the feedback.

The distributor is Redington Nigeria Limited, affiliated with Redignton Gulf Dubai I think as all products ordered through them comes from Dubai.

So what do I do now that I have this product installed for the client already?

Is there a region that supports 11 digits and 7 digits dial plan that i can maybe use till hopefully Cisco comes out with more region packs to support Nigeria?

Bear in mind we are only trying to use basic call functions on the UC320: Calling out, receiving external calls, internal calling, auto attendant, voice mail.

Regards,

Femi

nmanglik Thu, 06/28/2012 - 13:33

Femi,

Thanks for providing the distributor information. You will need to work with the distributor regarding product return or exchange. 

I have informed the management team who will get in touch with the distributor and advise him not to sell in countries that are not supported.

Region pack development is on hold until further notice as our focus has shifted to continue addressing quality for the countries currently supported.

Regards,

Nitin.

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted June 18, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Stats:
Replies:3 Avg. Rating:
Views:614 Votes:0
Shares:0

Related Content

Discussions Leaderboard