cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

L3 switching on SMB SGE2010 48 port switch?

changjoe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm considering buying the SGE2010 48 port switch. Does anyone know if it can do layer 3 switching? In the administration guide I find references to static routing and VLAN interfaces. But the guide doesn't come out and say "you can do routing like this".

Thanks in Advance,

Joe

2 Replies 2

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Joe

Personally, If I want a SB stacked Layer 3 switch solution,  the SG500 series or even the SG300 series (if stacking not a requirement) switches are great switches.  The SG300 screen capture below, shows it does come static routing as you can see from a screen capture. But when you add a Vlan to the switch and add a device and a IP address in the associated port, a interface route is automatically created so that Layer 3 switching will occur between VLANs.

The SGx00 series are a couple of generation ahead of the SGE2010 in terms of features and functionality.

SG300 series are a  teremndous (non stackable)switch family that can Layer 3 switch between multiple  vlans.  Just had a software update last week, that expanded the featureset available to our partners and their end users.

Both the 300 and 500 series offer a piece of mind warranty as well.

regards Dave

OK, I think I'll look into the SG300. Thanks, David !