UCCX 7 HA - Remove HA Server

Answered Question
Jun 19th, 2012

Hi I have UCCX 7 setup with a HA server, the HA backup server is offline and I want to remove it from service as at present the config data store is set to read only. If I remove the backup server from component activation will this allow me to write to the config data store and more importantly have no effect on the primary server i.e. not affect any of my agents?

Thanks

Carl Messer

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Aaron Harrison about 1 year 10 months ago

Hi Carl

Theoretically yes - I've only ever done that procedure once though so I'd do it off peak if at all possible.

It's one way, so once you have removed the server you must rebuild the secondary from OS up to get the HA server back.

Regards

Aaron

Average Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Aaron Harrison Tue, 06/19/2012 - 04:57

Hi Carl

Theoretically yes - I've only ever done that procedure once though so I'd do it off peak if at all possible.

It's one way, so once you have removed the server you must rebuild the secondary from OS up to get the HA server back.

Regards

Aaron

Carl.Messer Tue, 06/19/2012 - 05:01

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your reply, I decativated the Cisco Unified CCX Config Datastore on the backup server under component activation and this has allowed me to write to the config database and did not have any affect on service.

Regards

Carl

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted June 19, 2012 at 4:49 AM
Stats:
Replies:2 Avg. Rating:5
Views:509 Votes:0
Shares:0

Related Content

Discussions Leaderboard