cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320 pause in speed dial

bbuie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a situation that requires me to add a couple of pauses in a speed dial. I can get it done on the UC500 series, but how do I do it on the UC320?

If I enter a speed dial by holding a button on a SPA phone, then I only have 1-9 * and # as viable options. If I create an External Directory using the Web Configuration Utility, it will let me enter commas, but not * or #. What am I missing here?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Bryan,

We currently do not support the ability to send pauses in addresses.  I'm afraid you will have to dial the addresses manually or only speed dial the first part of the address and manually dial the rest.

Regards,

Chris

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hi Bryan,

We currently do not support the ability to send pauses in addresses.  I'm afraid you will have to dial the addresses manually or only speed dial the first part of the address and manually dial the rest.

Regards,

Chris

bbuie
Level 1
Level 1

will this be supported any time soon? Seems such a basic thing to be missing. The NEC I'm bidding against will most likely win this account.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Bryan,

Besides the ability to forward FXO lines at the telco, what would be the use case scenario?

Thanks,

Chris

Use case scenarios would include dialing into external voicemail accounts or other IVR solutions requiring enter account and pin.

Another workaround would be to allow configuration of DTMF tones on speed dial keys.

Cheers

Jo

bbuie
Level 1
Level 1

Chris,

In our case this is a demo for a potential sale. The client has a remote gate that uses an FXS extension. In their case, we would call the gate extension, wait for a tone (two seconds) then enter a pin number and the command code. It would look like this: 110 (pause) 1234 (pause) *16.

This is also useful when calling into other Auto attendant systems where an account number is required. I have installed phone systems for years and I have never ran into an instance where the system could not provide this function. This feature seems to be universally accomplished using a comma. Even back in the days of pagers (before cell phones) we were doing this on old TIE phone systems.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Bryan,

I'll open an enhancement.  I'm assuming you are using FXOs for PSTN access.  Adding such a capability to SIP trunks is a whole other feature as now you have to switch between sending the digits out of band (SIP messages) and in band (in the audio stream).

Chris

Chris,

We are using FXOs. Thanks a lot for your help and input, it's certainly appreciated!!

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

None of the Cisco voice platforms natively support pauses in speed-dial.

However, for CME, UC500 and CUCM, you can use my TCL/IVR script for the purpose. Details on how to obtain are in my user profile.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: