Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

MCS7825I4-k9-UCC2 Unable to run Unity Connection 8.5

Answered Question
Jun 21st, 2012
User Badges:

Hello,

I have two Unity Connection Servers (MCS7825I4-k9-UCC2) preloaded with Unity Connection 8.5. I was doing an installation in one of the servers that I planned to use as a publisher and when I realised that the network connection back to the CUCM Cluster over the WAN was not working I stopped the installation. When I booted up the server for the second time after I had already configured basic parameters such as the hostname, IP Address, DNS, Gateway, etc. from the initial installation attempt; the installation asked if the mouse should be installed, Ignored, Do Nothing and I chose the install option which I didn't choose the first time.

The problem now is that when I boot up the server in order to continue with the installation I encounter an error "Hardware Configuration Error: The hardware you are using does not support the product suite. Modify the hardware and try again". I then went to the BIOS to see where I can undo the PS2 mouse installation that I performed, because I think that's where the problem is, I cannot find any place where I can change this setting. In the I/O ports configuration in BIOS there is only "USB enable/disable" option.

I then decided to use the server the other server that was going to be a subscriber and the installation was successful with no issues. Both servers are exactly the same and are both preloaded with the same Unity Connection 8.5 software.

I have read the IBM System X documentation but I have not found anything that I can use to resolve this issue.

Is there anyone who has got an Idea of how I can overcome this issue?

Correct Answer by nikshah about 5 years 2 months ago

The very fact the same overlay of the server model that you are planning to deploy got installed successfully points there isnt a possible hardware compatibility issue, as mentioned above its always a good practice to install the server from scratch .

Correct Answer by j.huizinga about 5 years 2 months ago

Starting from scratch is really not so much time consuming, not like in the old "windows" days.

Jan

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
j.huizinga Thu, 06/21/2012 - 03:04
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Hi,

I don't know if the mouse has something to do with it.

Maybe boot from the install DVD and try really from scratch?

Jan

dlaminw1 Thu, 06/21/2012 - 03:55
User Badges:

Hello,

Starting from scratch is what I was really trying to avoid but I might end up taking that route if I don't find a resolution quickly.

Thanks

Correct Answer
j.huizinga Thu, 06/21/2012 - 04:19
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Starting from scratch is really not so much time consuming, not like in the old "windows" days.

Jan

Correct Answer
nikshah Thu, 06/21/2012 - 05:32
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

The very fact the same overlay of the server model that you are planning to deploy got installed successfully points there isnt a possible hardware compatibility issue, as mentioned above its always a good practice to install the server from scratch .

dlaminw1 Sun, 06/24/2012 - 09:31
User Badges:

Installed everything from scratch and the installation went smoothly.

Thanks

Actions

This Discussion