cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5 recordings are silent.....

Kid Dynamite
Level 1
Level 1

We have an issue with using the supervisor software to monitor calls... it records silence. The size of the file it outputs is correct but it is completely blank.

• The users are using Windows XP machines and I have checked that the QOS RSVP service on WIndows XP is enabled.

• I did the "netstat" command and could see that the port is not being blocked.

• postinstall.exe show that it is pointing to the correct server.

It seems to be all set up correctly to a degree as this previously did work but it all of a sudden stopped working one day...... and also, it IS actually recording something... silence!

Suggestions on things to check?

15 Replies 15

brian1mcc
Level 4
Level 4

check out ..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a0080bbd522.shtml

Go through the troubleshooting steps listed there and if it still doesn't work I suggest you open a TAC case. I currently have a case open because no calls are being recorded on UCCX 8.5 SU3. There were bugs in earlier 8.5 versions that were supposed to be fixed in SU3, however after an upgrade I'm still having issues.

Go to the command line and run this command:

file list activelog /uccx/recordings detail

what size are the recording files? If they're all 24kb, I reckon you're hitting the same issue as me.

Brian

Please rate helpful posts.

Thanks for the link....... 5*

The files do seem valid and vary in size from 250kb - 2mb +..... until you try and play them and get the silent treatment!

Hi

If the files appear to contain data it might be the playback leg that's the issue - try disabling the win firewall on the Supervisor PC, I think the stream from the server is unsolicited so may be blocked.

Also (though I'm sure you've done this already) check your volume is up, and also the volume in the recording playback window - that seems to randomly default to silent for some reason.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Sorry..... I should have mentioned that I copied the file over to my PC to eliminate the volume settings being an issue. The RAW / WAV file is definately silent.

I did check the firewall setting too but thanks for the response Aaron!

Actually........... Brian, I had a look in command line and you are right.

The files are showing as 24kb in there............... so it might well be the same bug after all!

Bug id: CSCtw91471  ... supposed to be fixed in SU3, but it looks like I'm still hitting it. Hopefully I'll have an update from TAC in the next couple of days.

Brian

Thanks a lot............ opening a case.

Have you had any luck with TAC on this?  I am having the same issue with SU3 and have a TAC case open.  Thanks. Dan

jasoncmorris
Level 1
Level 1

Did you login to the Desktop Agent and Supervisor? If you only login to the Supervisor, they will be silent. The same functionality is true for Monitoring calls.

jeppen029
Level 1
Level 1

Check out bug CSCua35577... the workaround is to change the debug level to TRACE in CAD on the agents PC. I worked on this for months with TAC and a previous admin worked on it for just as long as me. Recordings were showing as 24kb on the server and 1kb when pulled from UCCX.

Hi Jake,

I tried chaning the debug level to TRACE on the CAD of the agent. But still the same behavior. Is this problem resolved at your end ?

Thanks,

Shashank

spvaidya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

It seems we are facing the same issue on our 8.5 uccx version. Our active version is 8.5.1.11003-32. We see all files as 24byets, when we pull them to our pc it shows 1kb.

When we try using supervisor login (Supervisor record viewer), we can see the duration (e.g. 2 min) but when we select play and save option the file gets saved in .wav format (size varies 200kb, 300kb,2Mb).

Now referring the bug id CSCtw91471, am not sure if its the one troubling us. It's more similar to bug id CSCua35577.

Will try the workaorund for CAD debug level and update.

Thanks,

Shashank

spvaidya, just for clarification, you are logged on to the Desktop Client as well as the Supervisor?

Hi Shashank,

I had also faced the same issue, please check the setting on the NIC card and also check the firewall/anti virus running on the PC. It is very possible that the firewall is blocking the packets forwarded to the NIC card.

In my senario I tried with another TEST PC with the firewall disabled and it worked fine.

Thank you.

Joseph Chirayath

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: