I have recently purchased the SG200-08 Smart Switch, but I have a few "newbie questions" about it as I get started using it.
The on board firmware shows 18.104.22.168. Is that the latest firmware to the switch?
Do I need to enable IPv6 Auto Configuration and DCHPv6 in my switch settings to be ready for IPv6 as my ISP rolls it out down the road?
How do I go about changing the switch's username? I was able to easily change the password, but having issues getting the username to change.
Do I need to do anything about the LLDP-MED settings? What exactly is that?
How do I confugure the System Time Settings so the switch functions in my time zone (USA Central Time)?
Thanks a bunch for any assistance!
1) Firmware: It looks like the latest firmware for the SG200-08 is 22.214.171.124. You can get it in the software download center. I'm not sure if this link to the software will work, but lets see.
2) IPv6: Are you using NAT on your router? Are you going to be using ipv4 or ipv6 addresses internally? Making some assumptions about your network, I would leave it off for now.
3) Username: In ther web user interface, click on the administration drop down, then choose user accounts. You can add/edit/delete in here.
4) LLDP (Link Layer Discovery Protocol) and CDP (Cisco Discovery Protocol) allow the switch to automatically discover its directly connected neighbors and see each other's abilities and settings. Do you use other Cisco devices on your network or IP phones? For example, the voice vlan can be automatically determined using LLDP/CDP. Please see p. 53 in the SG200 manual here for further detail.
5) System time can be set under administration -> time settings -> system time.
Please rate any helpful posts.