Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom "forward calls to" menu

Kim Nielsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I would like to add custom phone numbers to the  “Forward calls to” menu in Jabber for Windows 9.0.2. Now it display Voicemail, Mobile and Home number as default. Can I change what to be displayed somehow? If yes how and where?

At the moment we use UDS as search directory.

Please see attached screenshot.

Best regards

Kim                  

3 Replies 3

szelenka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is the ability to forward calls to a New number, which is at the bottom of the list.

The system can specify numbers for:

Voicemail

MobilePhone

HomePhone

OtherPhone

New Number (External)

None

It's customizable in that you can forward a call to any number using the "New Number" option, and if you want to create a persistent forward you can update that in the Directory and it will show up in this menu as an option.

I don't recall off hand if UDS has an option for OtherPhone, but if it does you could use that field to create a persistent forward that always shows up in the list.

Hi,

I have not configrued voicemail for several users. Can I somehow configure Jabber not to show the Voicemail in Forward Calls menu?

Best regards

Kristian

There's no customization for that.  However, if you can open a TAC SR they should be able to open a defect to track this request.  IMO, if there is no voicemail configured for a user the system should be able to determine that and dynamically only display the forwarding options which are available to that user.