Unity express script

Answered Question
Jun 25th, 2012

Hi,

Is it possible in Unity express to check the first digit from the calling party number?

I mean if someone calls from 3xxxxx or 6xxxxx ?

I don't care about the complete number just the first digit.

Thanks,

Jan         

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by nikhijos about 1 year 9 months ago

Hi Jan,

Yes, it is possible in Unity Express,

You can add calling_number.charAt(0) to the variable first_digit for which you can use set.

Please find attached screenshot for the same.

Open the expression editor for set operation with first_digit and write calling_number.charAt(0), click apply and OK.

Thanks,

Nikhil Joshi.

Average Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Paolo Bevilacqua Mon, 06/25/2012 - 06:44

I don't think it's possible because the 'language' unfortunatly lacks any kind of string operator, as well many other things.

However you can do some number manipulation and routing at the dial-peer level in the router.

j.huizinga Mon, 06/25/2012 - 08:14

Hello Paolo,

Was already afraid for that, in UCCX you have these string operators, and I have done this before.

Have to check the number manipulation in IOS.

Thanks,

Jan

nikhijos Tue, 06/26/2012 - 03:48

Hi Jan,

In the script you can use Get Call Contact Info, which gives the calling number.

The Calling number comes as a string, you can store it into a String variable say calling_number,

Then you can store the calling_number.charAt(0) in another char variable say first_digit,

In an if condition you can check for the value of first_digit, which actually is the value of the first digit that you want.

You can follow the following URL for more information on scripts

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_0/administrator/script/edover.htmlhttp://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_0/administrator/script/edover.html#wp1076594

Thanks,

Nikhil Joshi.

j.huizinga Tue, 06/26/2012 - 03:51

Hello Nikhil,

Tomorrow or the day after I shall try that in my lab.

Would be very happy if this is working,

Thanks,

Jan

j.huizinga Fri, 07/13/2012 - 03:29

Hello Nikhil,

Could you tell me how to do this:

calling_number.charAt(0)

Is this possible in Unity express?

thanks,

Jan

Correct Answer
nikhijos Sun, 07/15/2012 - 22:10

Hi Jan,

Yes, it is possible in Unity Express,

You can add calling_number.charAt(0) to the variable first_digit for which you can use set.

Please find attached screenshot for the same.

Open the expression editor for set operation with first_digit and write calling_number.charAt(0), click apply and OK.

Thanks,

Nikhil Joshi.

j.huizinga Sun, 07/15/2012 - 23:47

Hi Nikhil,

I did exactly the same already, but I get a "Parse Error"

I can see that you are using version 8.6., and in my lab I have an old AIM module with 7.0.6

It seems that in this version I can not do this.

My customer is going to buy a 29xx with an ISM module, so I shall have the latest version and it should work.

Thank you very much for your help,

Bye,

Jan

Paolo Bevilacqua Mon, 07/16/2012 - 05:24

To follow on this interesting topic, Cisco should document all the Java variable 'dot operators' that are currently  undocumented, and from which version do these works ?

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted June 25, 2012 at 3:00 AM
Stats:
Replies:8 Avg. Rating:5
Views:538 Votes:0
Shares:0

Related Content

Discussions Leaderboard