Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Wireless Authentication With Active Directory

Unanswered Question

There is requirement to enable single SSID around various geographical locations (like US,UK,China etc..)

The expectation is that when users move around these countries, their laptops connect to the wireless network and the authentication is based on the native active directory (i.e an user from china connecting to UK wireless network would get authenticated from china AD). These setup is currently working as we have AD trust between US,UK and China. But a similar solution needs to be implemented for other countries (like Singapore, Malasiya) but the problem is that there is no AD trust between these countries. So is there any way we can achieve the authentication with out the AD trust ( that is a Singapore user going to UK and connecting to UK wireless network and get authenticated by Singapore AD even though there is no AD trust between UK an Singapore AD domains)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Scott Fella Tue, 06/26/2012 - 09:07
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

Can you please supply more info.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Scott Fella Tue, 06/26/2012 - 09:54
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

Take a look at this link

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-22475

Hi mate,

Thanks fir sharing the document. Unfortunately my requirement is not listed in the document. As I said before the wireless authentication is working fine for the countries we have AD trust. The problem is only for locations where there is no AD trust how can I get user credentials validated from remote AD

Scott Fella Tue, 06/26/2012 - 10:12
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

Ah okay... Well I believe ACS can only be a member of one domain. So you need to have a trust between AD to work the way you want it.

Actions

This Discussion