cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation rule, filter a number from being translated

wilson_1234_2
Level 3
Level 3

The below translation rule is applied to FXS ports for FAX machines, the idea is to prepend all outbound FAX calls with "555" for control of routing.

!

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^\(91..........$\)/ /555\1/

rule 2 /^\(9..........$\)/ /555\1/

rule 3 /^\(9.......$\)/ /555\1/

!

If I wanted set up a rule so I could dial a number from one of the FAX machines and it would not be prepended, I am thinking I should be able to create a rule 4 and add the number I want to dial, but I am not sure what the rule would look like.

Sort of like filter a number from the catch all first three lines.

Would this work?

rule 4 /^91234567890/ /91234567890/

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
rule 4 /^91234567890/ /91234567890/

Yes this regex would work although you should add $ to terminate the line (e.g. /^91234567890$/). You could also do: /^91234567890$/ /\0/ to simlify things.

The one thing you would need to change is the order. As it currently stands rule one (1) will match and it will be over. You would want to bump the existing rules down one notch.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thanks for the reply.

Can you explain the rule you created here?

/^91234567890$/ /\0/

For example:

/\0/ 

the documentation says that the backslash  "\ = Escapes the meaning of the next chracter",

So i am not sure what this is telling me, to ignore the 0? If so, why put it there?

The backslash doesn't always escape the next character. It does only if that character would otherwise have special significance.

IOS is using Unix regular expressione. Your favorite search engine has a plethora of information on the topic. Here is a Cisco-specific document that does some explaining though:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/termserv/configuration/guide/tcfaapre_ps1835_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

The regular expression \0 would write the entire matched string [...]

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

On the POTS dial peer you can use prefix command so no need for translation rule

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App