cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS using the E20 H.323 protocol

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When will TMS be able to make use of the E20's added H.323 protocol?  As of right now, TMS currenly only sees the E20 as SIP only, and not the combined H.323/SIP endpoint that it is right now.

Thanks, Patrick.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rafal Szeremeta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Patrick

There has been plans for that for a while now and E20 H323 support should be introduced in next minor release of TMS.

This release will be out in few months.

Best Regards

Rafal

View solution in original post

Cisco TMS 13.2.1 was actually released today, and is now available on cisco.com.

-Kjetil

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi Patrick

E20 can use H323 for TE4 software.Which version of the E20 are you using?

What is the call server are you using? CUCM or VCS ?

CUCM with E20 not use h323

Br.Oleksandr

Rafal Szeremeta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Patrick

There has been plans for that for a while now and E20 H323 support should be introduced in next minor release of TMS.

This release will be out in few months.

Best Regards

Rafal

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

H323 call on E20 Endpoint has now added on TMS13.2.1 release as new enhancement.

TMS13.2.1 will be available from Cisco portal site in next few days.

Cisco TMS 13.2.1 was actually released today, and is now available on cisco.com.

-Kjetil

Great, thanks Kjetil.

I believe many customers are waiting for this release (^^).

TMS13.2.1 is available from http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=283613664&catid=280789323&softwareid=280886992&release=13.2.1&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest.

Thank you Kjetil and Tomonori for the update!  My forum discussion was almost prefect timing or something, I don't know what, but excelent.  I installed it today, so I can start testing it later this week and next.  I know the E20s have been a SIP online endpoint since it's first release, but just as a general opinion which protocol would you guys recommend running with the E20s?  I can do either H.323 or SIP on any of our endpoints as our VCS will search both types of addresses through it's transforms and search rules.

I’d recommend keeping SIP as default call protocol on E20 as many new enhancement features on VCS require using SIP (TLS) including new enhancement implemented in upcoming X7.2 software release.

However it also true some of deployment scenario may works more friendly by using H.323 protocol (i.e. firewall related).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: