Views
Helpful
Replies

LNC Bias on DVBS cards in D9900 DCM

palmerstown
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a D9900 DCM with several DVBS reception cards in it (DCM-DRD-4SAT4CI). Each of these cards has 4 satellite cable ports in it. My intention is to use it to receive TV from the Astra satellites located at 28.2deg East, as listed on this page: http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php.

All of these transponders have vertical or horizontal polarization, and my understanding is that this means the LNC requires a polarization voltage (13v or 18v). To provide this on the D9900 config UI, it seems I have to enable LNC 'bias' on each port.

My problem is that it will only allow me to enable bias on ports 1 & 2 on each card, which means I can't get ports 3 & 4 to lock onto a transponder.

Does anyone know if there is any way to configure ports 3 & 4 to receive TV from these Astra satellites?

Thanks.

E

1 Reply 1

marek.bliska
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem. My limited solution is that i am using coax power-pass splitter.

One power-pass splitter have one INPUT (satellite) and two outputs to receiver. When you put power to output 1 it will pass it to output 2. 

Limitation is that I configured same polarization and satellite (not frequency) for RF1+RF3 and  RF2+RF4. Then I have enable bias power  on RF1 which also bring power to RF3. I did the same with RF2 to pass power to RF4.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: