cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meeting Place 8.5.2 FTP backup option missing

Paul Austin
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All, I have a customer who has meeting place ver 8.5.2 installed BUT the FTP option for the backup is not avalable. Can anyone confirm if this is a licensing issue or a system setting OR failing that is there a decent SSH/RSYNC client they can use that will do it as that is the only option available?

Many Thanks

3 Replies 3

jdedell12
Level 5
Level 5

Paul,

The FTP option has been removed and all that is available is RSYNC over SSH.  Do you have any UNIX servers as they support the RSYNC backup option?  If not take a look at Cygwin as this too supports RSYNC.

John

Thanks John

I can't believe the CIsco BU or whoever left this out. I feel the need to vent. FTP/sFTP has been an option forever, that every customer could easily support/roll-outon their OS of choice. I am struggling getting Rsync going from two new MeetingPlace servers- there appears to be some TCP port 22 incompatiability issue between MeetingPlace 8.5 and our enterprise UNIX platforms- as silly as this sounds.....I do not get SYN ACKs from MeetingPlace Rsync (seen via PCAP) or from SSH requests from mpx CLI. However, CUMP can connect via SSH to routers/vgw's, and laptops can SSH into our UNIX platforms.

The only thing I see different in the SSH SYN is a TSval field from MeetingPlace, but not from laptop clients. (NTP is configured and time is accurate on MPX).

Does anyone have any ideas for my crazy problem?

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: