Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS4.1->4.2: upgrade without backup during installation

ebezombes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is it possible to upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2 without backup data during installation ?

Many thanks,

Elisabeth                  

5 Replies 5

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

in LMS 3.x it was possible to start the installation with the "nobackup" option like:

setup.exe nobackup

I do not know if this option still exists with the LMS 4.x train but you could give it a try

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Assuming you're upgrading on the same host or appliance, you can do a direct upgrade to LMS 4.2 from version 4.1 (or 4.0.1). No backup is necessary - your configuration and any data will migrate directly. (Reference)

Of course you can always do a fresh install and rebuild from scratch too.

Marvin, you are correct, a direct upgrade does not need a backup to get back all your data, but I think the installation process does a backup automatically - at least this was the case last week, when I performed an upgrade on a windows machine (from LMS 4.1 > LMS 4.2) and I assume that's what Elisabeth wants to avoid.

In any case, disable any anti-virus software during the upgrade procedure. This will speed up the installation and also prevents any failures caused by AV software.

paul.parquet
Level 1
Level 1

The option -nobackup exists and works fine. Be carrefull to desactivate your AV software because the installation can stuck at "check lock files".

Andrewlay
Level 1
Level 1

Without any backup?

Would it be better to remove the old LMS, clean up ( free tool available).

Then run the LMS4.2 from fresh.