Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

some jabber problems

Unanswered Question
Jul 2nd, 2012
User Badges:

Hi All,

I use cucm 8.6.2.20000-2 with LDAP Sync/Auth And Presence 8.6.2.10000-44

I`m playing with Jabber and have some issues:

1. The displayname (in the Top of Jabber) is not showing the name correctly, it shows [email protected] instead "First, Lastname"

2. I can search for User in Jabber but if I add them they appear for a millisecond in the user list but then disappear again

3. I cannot chat with a online member because they show each other as offline but i know both are online

I`m right that i do not need an jabber-config.xml if i use EDI (for EDI i have nothing to configure, right?)

In the Presence Troubleshooter are no issues.

Cheers

Jason                  

Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
Jaime Valencia Mon, 07/02/2012 - 08:30
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

In theory you shouldn't, but in my lab where my machines are already part of a domain I faced similar issues, I checked that they were registered in my domain, I could only log with domain users, DNS, etc but I also couldn't get name resolution nor add users if not using their full [email protected] format. For some reason some of the searches would return the CUCM / Users and devices and not LDAP users.

I could chat with my other test user and get his status correctly.

I had to configure the ldap server, and user search base in the .xml file for this to work.

Not sure if this problem was related to either an LDAP/DC/GC config missing or maybe a DNS SRV entry missing.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

born.jason Tue, 07/24/2012 - 02:22
User Badges:

Do you use UDS or EDI ? Could you share your config?

Regards

Jason

born.jason Tue, 07/24/2012 - 04:37
User Badges:

After adding the to the XML all is working. I use EDI.

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content