Replies

some jabber problems

born.jason
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I use cucm 8.6.2.20000-2 with LDAP Sync/Auth And Presence 8.6.2.10000-44

I`m playing with Jabber and have some issues:

1. The displayname (in the Top of Jabber) is not showing the name correctly, it shows userid@ldap.domain instead "First, Lastname"

2. I can search for User in Jabber but if I add them they appear for a millisecond in the user list but then disappear again

3. I cannot chat with a online member because they show each other as offline but i know both are online

I`m right that i do not need an jabber-config.xml if i use EDI (for EDI i have nothing to configure, right?)

In the Presence Troubleshooter are no issues.

Cheers

Jason                  

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In theory you shouldn't, but in my lab where my machines are already part of a domain I faced similar issues, I checked that they were registered in my domain, I could only log with domain users, DNS, etc but I also couldn't get name resolution nor add users if not using their full name@domain.com format. For some reason some of the searches would return the CUCM / Users and devices and not LDAP users.

I could chat with my other test user and get his status correctly.

I had to configure the ldap server, and user search base in the .xml file for this to work.

Not sure if this problem was related to either an LDAP/DC/GC config missing or maybe a DNS SRV entry missing.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Do you use UDS or EDI ? Could you share your config?

Regards

Jason

After adding the to the XML all is working. I use EDI.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: