Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Delete vlan config on C4948-10g

Working on a C4948-10g switch. Trying to reset switch to factory settings. I have ran the Switch#>wr erase, command but the vlan's are still in the config. If you do a show vlan it still shows all the vlan text. I have tried the Switch#>delete vlan.dat, doesn't work. Tried Switch#>delete nvram:vlan.dat, doesn't work. Tried Switch#>erase startup-config, doesn't work. How can I get rid of the vlan's?                 

8 Replies 8

Hi Scott,

Please check below link:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/206531

HTH,

Smitesh

I did the erase cat4000_flash: it took the command but the vlans are still there.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Scott,

Just to confirm, command which you did is:

erase cat4000_flash:vlan.dat ??

If No, please run the above mention command.

Regards,

Smitesh

That didn't work either. I should be able to do this command under Switch#erase cat4000_flash:vlan.dat

Any other ideas?

This is the error message that comes up

Switch#erase cat4000_flash:vlan.dat
             ^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

Switch#

Some how it deleted its self. I power cycled the unit and check the vlans config and they seem to be all gone. Thanks for your help.

Working on a C4948-10g switch. Trying to reset switch to factory settings. I have ran the Switch#>wr erase, command but the vlan's are still in the config. If you do a show vlan it still shows all the vlan text. I have tried the Switch#>delete vlan.dat, doesn't work. Tried Switch#>delete nvram:vlan.dat, doesn't work. Tried Switch#>erase startup-config, doesn't work. How can I get rid of the vlan's? 

Hello Scott,

Vlan.dat file only get removed from the swich when it gets reloaded, all the VLANs that were available on the switch are lost.

I hope that clear ot your query why after deleting the vlan.dat fle it was still showing unless it is rebooted.

Hope to Help !!

Ganeshh Iyer

Switch#erase cat4000_flash:
Erasing the cat4000_flash filesystem will remove all files! Continue? [confirm]
[OK]
Erase of cat4000_flash: complete
Switch#relo
Switch#reload

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: