Views
Helpful
Replies

Allow Outgoing SIP URI Dialing on TMS System Type: Room

t.svatek
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I´ve added an unsupported VC-Endpoint to TMS with System Type: Room.

If i check the Scheduling Settings on TMS for this endpoint, I can see that I only can schedule incoming, but no outgoing calls.

We´re using OBTP and if i book this Endpoint in a Multipoint Meeting, I get a TMS routing error, because of the missing outgoing call feature enablements.

Is there a way to enable the outgoing scheduling for this endpoint type?

Is there a way to configure the device type manually e.g. as MXP880 to get the outgoing features?

Is there maybe a flag in the DB, were I can set the device type manually?

Thanks

Tino

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

The 'room' system type is meant for endpoints that TMS doesn't support, but that can registered to the gatekeeper or SIP registrer (and thus be dialled by other endpoints). As TMS cannot control the endpoint, it cannot force the endpoint to dial out to someone, but TMS's routing logic allows incoming calls, as it assumes that the gatekeeper / SIP registrar can route calls to it.

Makes sense?

View solution in original post

Right, that is a valid point, and is actually something we will be looking into changing in a future release. Bug reference ID: CSCtx73847.

We haven't decided what the new behavior will be, but we'll probably just reserve MCU ports for the 'room' type systems to dial in to, and then let users dial in to the conference manually (as we cannot control the 'room' or give it a calendar).

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

There is no way to enable outgoing calls for a 'room' type system. Getting a routing error when booking OBTP in combination with a 'room' would be expected, as multipoint OBTP conferences always involve endpoints calling to an MCU — this TMS cannot get an unsupported system to do.

thanks, Kjetil.

Do you know, why the "room" type system has been restricted only for inbound-call-booking? If I do the same lets say with a MPX880, which also doesn´t support OBTP, it is able to connect to the call by dialing the MCU-Confernce or Endpoint SIP URI manually.

thanks,

Tino

The 'room' system type is meant for endpoints that TMS doesn't support, but that can registered to the gatekeeper or SIP registrer (and thus be dialled by other endpoints). As TMS cannot control the endpoint, it cannot force the endpoint to dial out to someone, but TMS's routing logic allows incoming calls, as it assumes that the gatekeeper / SIP registrar can route calls to it.

Makes sense?

jep. Since introducing of OBTP the TMS-behaviour have changed, because if we´re using OBTP, TMS doesn´t control the Endpoint anymore. Our customers do expect, that they can dial into a conference by pushing a button or manually.

Maybe you could think about adding this as feature in one of the next TMS-Releases.

thanks

Tino

But as TMS doesnt control the 'room' system, what would you expect TMS to do in a OBTP scenario? Using OBTP requires the endpoint to have a local calendar TMS can push scheduled meetings to, and when TMS does not support the endpoint, there is no calendar to push the OBTP conference to.

I would expect, that the "room" system can manually dial into the conference.

Same behaviour like today, if you book an OBTP-Meeting with a mix of OBTP-enabled C-Codecs and older Tandberg Endpoint, which do not support OBTP.

With the recent TMS-Version I cannot schedule "room"systems within a Multipoint-OBTP-Meeting at all. That´s hard, because we´re working on migration scenarios with our customers where they are not able to upgrade all Non-Cisco-Endpoints immediately.

Right, that is a valid point, and is actually something we will be looking into changing in a future release. Bug reference ID: CSCtx73847.

We haven't decided what the new behavior will be, but we'll probably just reserve MCU ports for the 'room' type systems to dial in to, and then let users dial in to the conference manually (as we cannot control the 'room' or give it a calendar).

Thanks for the Bug ID. That´s exactly what we need. Reserve MCU ports and manual dial in would be fine.

Looking forward to get this feature in the next TMS Release .

Thanks!

Tino

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: