cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Title: Ask the Expert: Cisco TelePresence Management Suite Extension for Microsoft Exchange

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Read the bioWith Tim Walker

Welcome to the Cisco Support Community Ask the Expert conversation. This is an opportunity to learn from Cisco expert Tim Walker on how to install and upgrade the Cisco TelePresence Management Suite Extension for Microsoft Exchange (TMSXE 3.0). You can also ask troubleshooting questions as well as best practices.

Tim Walker is an escalation engineer within the Cisco TelePresence Solutions Group (TSG) in Cisco’s Technical Assistance Center, Reston, Virginia. Before joining Cisco, he worked at TANDBERG as a product support engineer (SME) for TANDBERG TelePresence Management Suite (TMS) products, TMS Microsoft Exchange integration, and Lotus Notes integration products. Tim has over 15 years of experience as a systems and network administrator and holds several TANDBERG certifications. 

Remember to use the rating system to let Tim know if you have received an adequate response. 

Tim might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Remember that you can continue the conversation on the  Collaboration, Voice and Video sub-community TelePresence discussion forum shortly after the event. This event lasts through July 6, 2012. Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other community members.

This event is the continuation from the live webcast that Tim gave on Tuesday June 26th. You can review the slides of the presentation here.

Related links:

Video

FAQ Document     

23 Replies 23

qatarpetroleum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Read the presentation from Tim Walker on the TMS extension with Ms Exchange. Does Cisco has any such technical discussion or overview of installation on TMS extension for Lotus Notes ? We ran into problems for integrating TMS with our LN infrastructure, as there were some dependencies which are not clearly documented.

rgds.,

A customer

Vasudevan Chari,

Doha, Qatar

There is a installation document for the Cisco Telepresence Management Suite Extensions for IBM Lotus Notes.  The link is below.  There are additional documents as well.  If you are experiencing an issue with installing the application I would highly recommend for you to open a service request with the Telepresence Support Group(TSG). 

The engineers in the TSG will be able to assist you with deploying application in your environment and if there are issues that require a higher level of engineer they will have a path to escalating your service request.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tmsxn/install_guide/Cisco_TMSXN_install_getting_started_guide_11-3-1.pdf

If the answer to your issue is not covered in this document then again I would highly recommend for you to open a support service request.

Thanks

Tim

Tim,  is that the latest document as it is dated June 2011?

Also, I noticed that most of the document are TMSXE for Exchange but I have an upcoming Lotus Notes and TMS integration and want to see more docs about this.  Where can I find them?

The TMSXE for Domino or Lotus Notes, where is the best place to install it, TMS or a totally separate server or VM?

thanks

Yes that is the latest install guide for the Lotus Notes integration application for the 11.3.1 version.  The Lotus Notes integration is installed on the Domino server.  If you have any additional questions please feel free to post them here and we will get you the answers. 

Several things to remember when deploying Lotus Notes integration.

1.  Make sure that you follow the documentation.

2.  Make sure that the configuration lines that are added to the notes.ini file are added at the top of the files so that they processed early when the note.ini file is accessed.

3.  Make sure that the Agents for the Lotus Integration are pointed to the correct Domino server.

4.  Make sure that the service account actually has a mailbox on the Domino server where the integration is installed.

5.  Make sure that the account (tmsconfuser)that will booking the resources in TMS is a member of the Site Administrators group in TMS.

Hi Tim,

I'm still trying to understand what is the purpose of the TMSXE product and will appreciate your help (just a sentence or two, explaining the reason why TMSXE was created). I can't say I'm expert in Exchange or TMS but I did have a chance to work with both. Still, I don't remember TMSXE existed while TMS was still Tandberg product. Is it a new product, introduced with TMS version 13.x or it was available even for TMS 12.x?

Cheers,

Tenaro

The Cisco TelePresence Management Suite Externsion for Microsoft Exchange (TMSXE) product is an extension for the Cisco Telepresence Management Suite (Cisco TMS) that enables video conference scheduling via Microsoft Outlook, and replicate Cisco TMS conferences to Outlook room calendars.

TANDBERG called this application TANDBERG Conferencing eXtensions for Microsoft Exchange which has been changed to the Cisco TMSXE.  With the 2.2 release of the TCX application the name was officially changed to TMSXE but the application performed the same function of making it possible users your environment to schedule Cisco TelePresence endpoints and third party telepresence endpoints managed by Cisco TMS in videoconferences using Microsoft Outlook and have those video conferences automatically connected by Cisco TMS.

Thanks

Tim

Tim,

On page 16 of your slide, it says that one of the requirements is CTMS version 13.1.2.  Is this really a requirement or was that a typo wherein it should say TMS version 13.1.2?

Yes, that's obviously "Cisco TMS 13.1.2"

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Good to confirm as there is the CTMS which is the Cisco TelePresence Multipoint Switch as well

mynewlogin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tim!

How about backup and restore of TMS system?

As I know all the data is stored in MS SQL database. IS it enough to backup only the database?

I've done some testing before and found an interesting fact.

If I make a database backup and then delete the local user from local provisioning group after restoring the database the user deleted isn't restored.

When you say "delete the local user from the local provisioning group" are you talking about the local windows account(tmsconfuser)?

Was this webex recorded?  Can I stream a copy of the webconference?

Chris

I found Tim Walker's slide deck but his webcast is not posted in the Expert series website. 

Tim, where and when can this be posted?

You can fined the session record there:

www.ciscolive365.com

Search TMSXE keyword in the Session Catalog

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: