cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.3 Reports

Innocent Nkomo
Level 1
Level 1

I have modified my radius accounting reports using "interactive viewer" and saved successfully but the exported report doesn't reflect these changes. I'm just wondering what's the point of being able to modify the reports if you can't export your changes or there is something I'm missing?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

3 Replies 3

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Well, I think once you have a csv file you can modify what you want easily (moving, deleting ..etc. columns).

I think this is why Cisco does not implement it to save the changes to the exported file that export file contains everything and you modify it after that.

Just a thought.

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Thanks for your response, I still don't see why you'd go through the trouble of modifying the report in interactive viewer, when you still have to modify the csv? This means every time you want to import the file to a reporting tool, you'll have to modify it??

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

The viewer supports the ability to export report data to an Excel spreadsheet as a comma-separated values (.csv) file, pipe-separated values (.psv) file, or a tab-separated values (.tsv) file. You can select an option to export the column's data type.

The spreadsheet data is formatted like the data in the information object or the template. If you edited column headers or formatted numeric data in the report design, for example, the spreadsheet does not reflect your edits. Figure 13-11 shows a sample CSV output file.

Source: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.3/user/guide/viewer_reporting.html#wp1053475

You can only choose the columns you want to export and the arrangement of the columns when you press the export column. (it is easier and sometimes faster for me to export everything and delete what i don't want from the excel file).

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: