cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ironport Encryption Appliance Product Life Cycle?

jose.vila
Level 1
Level 1

IEA.jpg

Why is discontinued IEA (Ironport Encryption Appliance)?

5 Replies 5

Valter Da Costa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is part of product's life, Jose.

You can still encrypt messages using ESA (Email Security Appliance).

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Valter

We also have an ESA, but with the IEA also we managed encryption keys, now will rely on Cisco.

I would recommend you to contact your Cisco IronPort Sales Team. They may be able to provide you with an alternative for managing the encryption keys.

We have used IEA appliances for the past couple of years and have roughly 20K registered users and a few million e-mails secured with them.

Going to CRES, will we be able to maintain those keys somewhere so that those e-mails can continue to be decrypted?  The default install had no expiration on the keys so our customers learned to depend on being able to decrypt them in the future.

My assumption is for user registrations they will just have to RE register on CRES, any better solution?  can we export our users/keys and import them into CRES?

Would have liked to see the IEA appliance just merged into the ESAs functionality.

Thanks

Dude, we're still using PostX, anybody old enough to remember that? lol

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: