Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Mark Calls as Handled in UCCE...help needed

Answered Question
Jul 5th, 2012
User Badges:

Hello everyone,

I need a little help:

Here is the situation: UCCE + IVR ...

Within queue IVR script I have if EWT is longer than 3 minutes, I present a caller with Call Back option (press 5) and than ICM sends call to another IVR script that asks for telephone number, if caller wants to leave a message...

Calls that go to Call Back IVR script are presented with Call Type as abandoned, and I need (if its possible) to mark them as handled.

Tried with Set Contact Info - Handled, in queue script where caller presses option 5 ...Get Digit String --> If CED = 5 -->Set Contact Info - Handled...)

I also checked option in Subsystems --> ICM --> General --> Additional VRU Call Information Session Handled - user.session.handled

because from guide I learned the following:

"Session Handled: Boolean flag that the Unified ICME software or a Set Contact Info step with a Handled flag step sets to indicate whether the session is handled."

Does someone has some experience with this situation. Any help or hint is much appreciated.

Thank you all

Vlad

Correct Answer by chrisk about 5 years 1 month ago

Unfortunately, UCCE always assumes that every inbound call wants to get answered by an agent - it doesn't care what you set in the IP IVR script, the UCCE sees the caller hang up (or get hung up on) without getting to an agent and tag the call as abandoned in the call type.

Although Cisco solved this problem with Courtesy Call Back in CVP 8.0, they have yet to address the same functionality using IP IVR. I would not hold my breath either, all of their UCCE development work is focused on CVP as the queue/treatment platform, not IP IVR.

Luis had a good suggestion, when you know the caller is opting out for a call back, you need to dequeue the call and change the call type. You will still get an abandon, but that's expected in the "CallBack_CallType" - you'll see the "Inbound_CallType" will get an "overflow out" - not an abandon. You'll see the queue time and call data collected initially in the Inbound Call Type.

For real self-service application tracking in UCCE, you should make use of the VRU Progress Variable and related reporting templates in the system. This is a call variable that you can set in your UCCE routing script that identifies the call as a self-service call and allows you to flag it as "handled" or "unhandled" or "assisted" if transferred out to an agent. Yes, that's all manually done via SET nodes in the script, but it helps identify the self service call flows better than the standard Call Type and Skill group reporting in UCCE.

Read more about the VRU Progress Variable in the UCCE Reporting Guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/ipcc_enterprise/ippcenterprise9_0_1/user/guide/UCCE_BK_RAEEC3EE_00_reporting-guide-for-cisco-unified.pdf

Starting on Page 138, VRU Application Reporting

Good luck,

-Chris

Overall Rating: 5 (4 ratings)
Luis Yrigoyen Thu, 07/05/2012 - 06:39
User Badges:

when do you play the option to call back; as they come in or only if they get queued?

If it's when the call is in queued you could de-queue it once the choose call-back have it come out of IVR, populate variable and then send it to the other ivr script.

Vladimir Lazovic Thu, 07/05/2012 - 07:00
User Badges:

Hey Luis

It's like Run.Ext.Script (queue.aef) -->If CED = X --> Cancel Queueing --> CallType --> Run.Ext.Script (CallBack.aef)

On the beginning of queue.aef, if EWT>180sec caller is presented with option for CallBack.

Can you elaborate on populate variable? What variable, where to set...IVR or ICM or both?

Thanks

V

Luis Yrigoyen Thu, 07/05/2012 - 07:10
User Badges:

I was talking about ICM call.peripheralVariables (1-10). I believe if you de-queue a call it gets marked as "Handled" but I guess you would still need to know if the call went to call back or not? if so, you could populate one of the ICM peripheral variables and then report on it.

Maybe something like this

Run.Ext.Script (queue.aef) --> If EWT > 180 then option to call back or not --> if option true --> Cancel Queueing --> populate peripheralvariable --> Run.Ext.Script (CallBack.aef)

or you could dequeue and then requalify the call to that call type.

Vladimir Lazovic Thu, 07/05/2012 - 08:18
User Badges:

I am canceling queue but on Call Type reporting, call is still abandoned.

Is there any specific value that I should provide with Set PeripheralVariable?

I mean, I am using 4 peripheral variables, but is there any specific value that ICM would count call as Handled on CallType (Call Type is put just before CallBack.aef)?

Thanx

V

Luis Yrigoyen Thu, 07/05/2012 - 08:26
User Badges:

How about making the call come back to ICM after the call back script just for termination.

Run.Ext.Script (queue.aef) --> If CED = X --> Cancel Queueing --> CallType --> Run.Ext.Script (CallBack.aef) then --> ICM Release Call.

Vladimir Lazovic Thu, 07/05/2012 - 08:41
User Badges:

Nope, same old abandon

I would really love to know meaning of "Set Contact Info step with a Handled flag step sets to indicate whether the session is handled."

Maybe I will find out sometime.

freymatt Thu, 07/05/2012 - 09:07
User Badges:

Hi,

with following Call Flow you should have a "overflow out" on Call Type 1 (and if you set the VRU Progress variable you can report on this too) and the "abandon" on the CallType 2.

DialedNumber->CallType 1->Queue Node->Run.Ext.Script (queue.aef) -->

If CED =X --> Cancel Queueing-->

Set VRU Progress x

-> CallType 2 --> Run.Ext.Script (CallBack.aef) then --> ICM Release Call.

Did you set in your call flow another Call Type as the sheduled one? I'm surprised that the call is counted as "abandon" in your szenario. Whith cisco report's you can't count this calls as "handled". We have implemented a reporting package by our self and there this is possible.

regards, Matthias

Vladimir Lazovic Thu, 07/05/2012 - 09:14
User Badges:

I can set CT2 to overflow out, but customer will ask me where did it overflow...

If I could ony somehow simulate that call went to agent-like step.

Correct Answer
chrisk Thu, 07/05/2012 - 15:19
User Badges:

Unfortunately, UCCE always assumes that every inbound call wants to get answered by an agent - it doesn't care what you set in the IP IVR script, the UCCE sees the caller hang up (or get hung up on) without getting to an agent and tag the call as abandoned in the call type.

Although Cisco solved this problem with Courtesy Call Back in CVP 8.0, they have yet to address the same functionality using IP IVR. I would not hold my breath either, all of their UCCE development work is focused on CVP as the queue/treatment platform, not IP IVR.

Luis had a good suggestion, when you know the caller is opting out for a call back, you need to dequeue the call and change the call type. You will still get an abandon, but that's expected in the "CallBack_CallType" - you'll see the "Inbound_CallType" will get an "overflow out" - not an abandon. You'll see the queue time and call data collected initially in the Inbound Call Type.

For real self-service application tracking in UCCE, you should make use of the VRU Progress Variable and related reporting templates in the system. This is a call variable that you can set in your UCCE routing script that identifies the call as a self-service call and allows you to flag it as "handled" or "unhandled" or "assisted" if transferred out to an agent. Yes, that's all manually done via SET nodes in the script, but it helps identify the self service call flows better than the standard Call Type and Skill group reporting in UCCE.

Read more about the VRU Progress Variable in the UCCE Reporting Guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/ipcc_enterprise/ippcenterprise9_0_1/user/guide/UCCE_BK_RAEEC3EE_00_reporting-guide-for-cisco-unified.pdf

Starting on Page 138, VRU Application Reporting

Good luck,

-Chris

Vladimir Lazovic Fri, 07/06/2012 - 00:12
User Badges:

Thank you everyone,

Thank you Chris, I'll definitely make a use of VRU Progress Var.

Can you tell me what reporting templates are there for VRU Progress? I can't seem to find them in CUIC.

Cheers

Vlad

paigedelk Wed, 08/08/2012 - 03:05
User Badges:

This variable counts are shown on the Call-Type All-Fields historical report and can the invidual value set for a particular call can be found in the Route_Call_Detail table, although there is no CUIC report available from this detail-level table.

Actions

This Discussion