Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS Update on several devices

fvalpondi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I got 10 Catalaysts 3750 (all of them identical) and I got tthe IOS Update. Anyway I only have service contract for 4 of them.

Am I allowed to update all of them? Or only the four devices which have the service contract?

Thanks for your help!

best regards,

Fabio

4 Replies 4

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Technically, you can re-use the same download for all devices since they are identical.

Legally, you must have all your devices on service contract.

If one device fails during the upgrade or for other reasons, you will be left out in the cold.

Hi Edison,

thanks for your answer. I know that if it fails and the device does not have service contract I will have a problem.

I just wanted to know, if when I get a firmware for a device which has service contract, if I can use it with another identical device who hasn't.

It really depends.

If your compan is a Cisco partner for example there is no te above issue. Check what your contract is telling or contact Cisco (by chat as well)

HTH

Alessio

What can be understood as "Cisco Partner"? My company is huge and some say we are, some say we aren't.....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card