Views
Helpful
Replies

TMSPE Error and Fix - "Installation success or error status: 1603"

lindtg777
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

I have just spend a couple of days trying to install TMSPE into our lab. But i kept getting an error during the install " TMSPE Setup Wizard ended Prematurely.

After going though the log i found the error message "Installation success or error status: 1603" which is actually a windows error message.

After trying many times with different users and passwords i can now advise that the issue was that the password i was using for my sa user was not compatible with the installer. I was using Today!@# as my sa password and after changing this to Today123 the install succeded with no issues at all.

The reason for this post is hopefully going to save you some time when doign this install if you come across this error message.

Cheers

Lindt

5 Replies 5

entropy3xd
Level 1
Level 1

I've been trying to get past this issue all week.  Your solution worked perfectly.  Thank you!

Forum Question:  Anyone know how I can give lindtg777 credit for his post?  I'm following the guide below but I do not see the stars on the left, just the average rating.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8052

Hi Michael

Glad this helped you and hope it saved you some time!

Cheers

Lindt

Stars added, thank you Lindt for great input

Also if I can add my 2 cents. When you creating database before installing TMSPE, you need to make sure that tmspe is always in small letters. If you use capital letter install will pass initial stage, but will fail on the second stage when try to create database itself.

Thanks

Rafal

Hi Michael,

Forum Question:  Anyone know how I can give lindtg777 credit for his post?  I'm following the guide below but I do not see the stars on the left, just the average rating.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8052

The platform allows for answers to be rated but not questions.  This is why you couldn't rate Lindt's helpful tip in the initial post.    His subsequent answer in this thread can be rated.

Regards,

Paula

Thank you Paula.  Five stars for you as well!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: