Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX design questions

panjwani80
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

1) If UCCX agent ICD extension is also used for Microsoft OCS/Lync RCC mode or CUPC/Jabber (desk phone control only not CSF) would that be considered a shared line therefore unsupported?

2) Where does it say in the SRND that agent ICD extension can't be a hunt group/line group member?

3) I normally configure separate line for ICD (non DID) and personal extension (DID) for an agent, however, I have a customer who is requesting single ICD line for an agent which will also be a personal line. Same line is also used for Microsoft OCS RCC. What are the disadvantages of doing that?

4) I know it is unsupported but what are the implications if I set the busy trigger to 2 for ICD line and make the same ICD line hunt group/line group member?

5) Is there a easy way to configure a CAD warning pop up or alert when the last agent is about to log out of the CSQ saying that you are the last person to log out?

Thanks

Aamir

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Amir,

I will attempt to answer your questions below, the best that I can. I hope you find these responses helpful.

1) It's the compatibility guide and the release notes which dictate what you can and cannot use as Agent devices or how the line configurations are completed.

2) The release notes would be your best bet. As a rule of thumb, if you do not see something specifically named as supported or unsupported, you are using it at your own risk. If you want to know the answer, before you have problems with it, call up Cisco TAC and they will call up the BU and get the official Cisco answer for you.

3) A disadvantage is subjective. One person's pro could be another person's con. With that said, I don't personally have any disadvantages for this configuration, and generally encourage it. There is the rare exception where we go two separate lines, but the con for me, for that config, is that the Agent is easily confused with more than one ringing line on the phone.

4) I have seen multiple calls landing on the Agent's line from the queue with this configuration. It's not a garuntee, but it has happened before.

5) Sure, but it's clunky. You just have to train them to not "logout" any other way but the way you have defined, which would trigger a series of events, which checks the Agent ID against the database to see which CSQ's they belong to, and what the count is for each one's logged in agents, and then conditionally pop an alert based on your rules. It doesn't sound easy, nor would I bet you could get your Agents to all abide by the new logout procedure. Trust me, Agents, rather end users, generally don't read the rules, nor do they follow them.

That was certainy a lot of questions, and a different post than most we see here. For my own curiosity, have you ever deployed a UCCX before? How large in terms of Agent and Script counts?

Happy designing!

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Amir,

I will attempt to answer your questions below, the best that I can. I hope you find these responses helpful.

1) It's the compatibility guide and the release notes which dictate what you can and cannot use as Agent devices or how the line configurations are completed.

2) The release notes would be your best bet. As a rule of thumb, if you do not see something specifically named as supported or unsupported, you are using it at your own risk. If you want to know the answer, before you have problems with it, call up Cisco TAC and they will call up the BU and get the official Cisco answer for you.

3) A disadvantage is subjective. One person's pro could be another person's con. With that said, I don't personally have any disadvantages for this configuration, and generally encourage it. There is the rare exception where we go two separate lines, but the con for me, for that config, is that the Agent is easily confused with more than one ringing line on the phone.

4) I have seen multiple calls landing on the Agent's line from the queue with this configuration. It's not a garuntee, but it has happened before.

5) Sure, but it's clunky. You just have to train them to not "logout" any other way but the way you have defined, which would trigger a series of events, which checks the Agent ID against the database to see which CSQ's they belong to, and what the count is for each one's logged in agents, and then conditionally pop an alert based on your rules. It doesn't sound easy, nor would I bet you could get your Agents to all abide by the new logout procedure. Trust me, Agents, rather end users, generally don't read the rules, nor do they follow them.

That was certainy a lot of questions, and a different post than most we see here. For my own curiosity, have you ever deployed a UCCX before? How large in terms of Agent and Script counts?

Happy designing!

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the detailed response much appreciated.

I had a look at compatibility guide and release notes but couldn't find a clear answer to point 1 and 2 i raised hence the post. Anyways I have asked TAC to get a clarification for me.

Yes I have done couple of small UCCX deployment for 15-35 agents with 5-10 scripts simple scipts.

Thanks

Aamir

Very cool. Well then I suppose you know what you're getting into then. If you run into any other challenges, do post again. Good luck.

Happy designing!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Monther Koujeh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

regarding:

2) Where does it say in the SRND that agent ICD extension can't be a hunt group/line group member?

having a shared line/assigning a ling group for an agent extension is considered as unsupported configuration, and this means that it could result with unexpected behaviors as such configuration is not tested to function successfully by Cisco BU, check the “important notes” and “General Unsupported Features” (page 5, 10 respectively) in the Release Notes for Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Release 8.5(1) document as it states:

End points not supported in hunt groups — Do not assign agent phones, CTI ports, or route points that are used by Unified CCX to hunt groups.

Shared line and monitored DN are not supported on agent phones.

Reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/release/guide/uccx851rn.pdf