WLAN with Win2k8 NSP not working

Answered Question
Jul 9th, 2012

Hi Experts,

I am having issue with integrating WLC2504 with Win2k8 server NSP radius server. can some one help me on this with step-by-step configuration.

thanks in advance...

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Amjad Abdullah about 1 year 8 months ago

I got you.

This is more than a microsoft issue to look at, not Cisco. It is possibly a piece of configuration on the NPS itself.

I found this link by google: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd183706(WS.10).aspx

If you still need extra help I advice to post your request in a Microsoft forum.

What I suspect now is that you need to disable machine authentication. Non-domain users will not be able to pass machine authentication. If you know how to disable machine authentication then please do and test. If not working then you need to ask microsoft guys.

Regards,

Amjad

Average Rating: 0 (1 ratings)
CSCO11520436 Mon, 08/06/2012 - 00:42

Hi Amjad,

I have intergated the WLC users with NSP now the issue is non-domain user are not able to login to the WLAN, they are prompted for the username & password but giving the domain user credential not authenticating the user.

username

password

domain\username

password

both are not working.

Any suggestions?

Correct Answer
Amjad Abdullah Mon, 08/06/2012 - 02:36

I got you.

This is more than a microsoft issue to look at, not Cisco. It is possibly a piece of configuration on the NPS itself.

I found this link by google: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd183706(WS.10).aspx

If you still need extra help I advice to post your request in a Microsoft forum.

What I suspect now is that you need to disable machine authentication. Non-domain users will not be able to pass machine authentication. If you know how to disable machine authentication then please do and test. If not working then you need to ask microsoft guys.

Regards,

Amjad

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted July 9, 2012 at 1:46 PM
Stats:
Replies:3 Avg. Rating:
Views:293 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: wlan, working, nsp, win2k8
+