cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New Unity Connection Integration - Port Group Reset Issue

skipvergon
Level 1
Level 1

I have a brand new Cisco Unity Connection (8.6.2.20000-76) cluster that I am integrating with a Communications Manager Cluster (8.6.1.20000-1).  I have gone through all of the steps in the SCCP Integration guide.

I have this message "One or more port groups need to be reset."  I only have one port group configured.  When I go to the port group and reset the group, it says, "Port group reset initiated" and in the "Reset Status" field it says "Reset in progress".  After a few seconds and I refresh the page, the "One or more port groups need to be reset." message appears again.

I can not get that message to go away.  All of the ports on the CUCM side are registered, but the message persists after multiple reset attempts and the "Check Telephony Integration" fails due to this reset required.  Thoughts?  Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would try restarting the Cisco Unity Connection Conversation manager.  It's possible something is holding on to the port state in there, depending on the changes done. 

Thanks for the thought.  Turns out I left it alone, came in the next day and it did not require a reset.  The only thing I can figure was that the reset took some time to run in background.

Markus,

I just wanted to let you know I ran into this same issue and restarting the Unity Connection Conversation Manager resolved the port reset issue.  Thank you!

This still works on 10x - thank you

I know this is an old thread, but I was having this issue on a Unity 12.5 SU3 cluster after expanding the number of Ports.  The issue was resolved after stopping/starting the Connection Conversation Manager service on the Publisher AND the Subscriber (from the GUI).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: