Views
Helpful
Replies

test voice port 0/2/0 si-reg-read 29 1 on fxo port

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Guys,

Is there any documentation that explains what the output of this commad mean. I am troubleshooting a fxo port and from this output it l ooks like I have a cable problem. I am only saying this because I had a similar issue and the outpur was Register 29 = 0XCE and it turned out it was a cacling issue.

I will like to know what to make of the results.

What does Register 29 = 0xCC or 0xCD mean?

Jul 11 15:40:44.356 GMT:
GDN1UK-0027S-ERT01#test voice port 0/2/0 si-reg-read 29 1
GDN1UK-0027S-ERT01#
Jul 11 15:41:25.716 GMT:
Values read from SiLabs Codec connected to DSP 0, channel 0:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Register 29 = 0xCC

Jul 11 15:41:25.716 GMT:
GDN1UK-0027S-ERT01#test voice port 0/2/0 si-reg-read 29 1
GDN1UK-0027S-ERT01#
Jul 11 15:41:29.796 GMT:
Values read from SiLabs Codec connected to DSP 0, channel 0:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Register 29 = 0xCD

Jul 11 15:41:29.796 GMT:
GDN1UK-0027S-ERT01#

Please rate all useful posts

"There is a wideness in God's mercy Like the wideness of the sea.There's a kindness in His justice Which is more than liberty"       

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Aok, I think you know already that test commands and internal data and registers are undocumented

Thanks Paolo, Didnt realise that. What do you think is the case with the result here..Any idea? Cable issue?

"There is a wideness in God's mercy Like the wideness of the sea.There's a kindness in His justice Which is more than liberty"

Isn't that the register supposed to reflect presence of loop current ?

I've always tought that the same can be done trying to place an outboud calls, it will fail with a 'no dialtone' in debug vpm signal.

I always expect that value 0x33 reflect the presence of a loop current or that a voltage is present on the line. But I have just tested the line now and it works! Thats odd and interesting.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: