cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 4001i + New DCNM = Crash

z08mjk2374
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer with a bunch of N4001i blade switches. They are all running either 4.1(2)E1(1h) or (1g). They upgraded to DCNM 6.1.1a. Within a few minutes all of the N4Ks crashed.

This is what was gleaned from a sh ver:

Reason: Reset triggered due to HA policy of Reset

System version: 4.1(2)E1(1g)

Service: statsclient hap reset

The statsclient appears to be the problem. Has anyone else seen this?

8 Replies 8

vdsudame
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you please check all the switches and confirm if we have the same reset reason on all of them ? ie 'statsclient hap reset' ? Or is it something different, like 'cdp hap reset' ?

Thanks, Vinayak

Yes. They all crashed from the statsclient hap reset.

please open a TAC Case on this. We need to analyze the core files to investigate this issue further.

Vinayak

We are seeing the same issue.  Nexus 4001i and it just rebooted with this error.

Does anyone know if this is a bug, do we need to upgrade IOS, any idea?

----- reset reason for Supervisor-module 1 (from Supervisor in slot 1) ---
1) At 561957 usecs after Thu Jul 14 12:40:07 2016
Service: statsclient hap reset
Version: 4.1(2)E1(1h)

Thanks

andlevin
Level 1
Level 1

Keep us in the loop, do you have case number yet?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Unfortunately when I tried to open the TAC case we found out that the hardware is covered under a different contract that isn't associated with my company. I do interact with this customer on a fairly regular basis. I will ask what happened the next time I hear from them.

Dear Team,

I too facing the Same kind of Issue that is reboot of N4K, the Combination is same i.e. is N4K and DCNM.

System version: 4.1(2)E1(1g)
Service: pfma hap reset <= fault symptom

The following logs from TACAS

dcnm Cisco Data Center Network Manager Architect sync-snmp-password ******** dcnm 1.1.1.1 (FAILURE) 0 none 0 WANRT05

I could able to see from the logs that DCNM accessing the Snmp sync and created the reboot. Expecting revert if some one had faced this issue and any field notes from cisco...

Thanks ... Arun

Dear Team,

Same issue for me, using NX4K and dcnm-installer-linux.6.1.1b.

Did the support find a solution because this bug does't seem to be in the Cisco Bug Tool Kit...

Have you try the lastest DCNM release ?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: