Connection to Jabber using Android devices

Unanswered Question
Jul 13th, 2012
User Badges:

Hi I'm currently working on a pilot project to provide unified communications for a large organisation and am currently trying to get the Jabber client to work with a simple closed network. We have had some success with the Iphone and Ipad and are now currently exploring Android devices.

The network that is being used is simple comprising a wirless router, switch connected to 2 servers - one server is running CUPS and the other CUCME ver 8.6. - DNS is not an issue in this closed network situation

The Android devices I am currently using to connect are the Samsung Galaxy Tab running 2.2 firmware (which is on the recommended devices list) and a Samsung S3 (which I know is unsupported and running Android 4.0), I will be getting hold of a HTC Desire HD to try come Monday.

So far I haven't had any success with the 'please check your Internet Calling Settings and try again' message being a constant! - I have checked all the timing settings on the manager and they match the recommended and the devices are definatley able to ping the servers.

I have read on the forums that rather than the 8.6 version there is a version 9.0 which is better for Android connectivity... Is this the case and is this the version we should be using?

Any advice, hints or tips on this issue would be appreciated

Thanks

Brendan

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Vincenzo Errante Fri, 07/13/2012 - 02:56
User Badges:

hi,

probably the phone firmware is incompatible whith the jabber software.

for my experience, with an galaxy S2 with ICS return the same message that you see

while with galaxy S2 with 2.3 work fine.

the version 9.0 probably will be released in late August,

but we would hope a lot about full compatibility with ICS

regards

V.

brendanmccann Fri, 07/13/2012 - 03:24
User Badges:

I understand that the firmware with the S3 I'm using will probably cause issues - however as I mentioned the Galaxy tab I'm trying to use is running 2.2 firmware and I'm getting the same issues with connection....

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content