Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Starterpack - Jabber support

BW Dijk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I got the new Jabber client for the iPad2, and tried to let it register to our VCS e Starterpack.

But it failt to do so.

Do I need to up date the VCS Starterpack software to X7.2 ? Or is there no Starter Pack support.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Update, plan to support Jabber for iPad on VCS Starter Pack from next maintenance release, X7.2.1.

Sample snapshot of user account configuration (just sample and this may change before final release).

View solution in original post

Did you use the non-AES tar.gz file (s42701) on an AES system (s42700) by mistake - they use different release keys - I've made that mistake in the past.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately Jabber for iPad client is not yet supported by VCS Starter Pack as provisioning client.

Cisco is looking into this now.

We have a number of folks using the starterpack and wondering the same thing. Any roadmap or eta?

This point no commitment which software version will support, but yes, Cisco plan to add Jabber for Video iPad to the VCS Starter Pack as provisioning client.

Is there à work around posible To get Jabber working on The iPad in combinaton with The VCS starterpack.

By up loading a config file or so.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Update, plan to support Jabber for iPad on VCS Starter Pack from next maintenance release, X7.2.1.

Sample snapshot of user account configuration (just sample and this may change before final release).

Looks Great!

Hi BW

X7.2.1 is now available from www.cisco.com

Thanks,

Guy

Hi,

I triest to upgrade The VCS but I got The error that The release key is not correct. What is strange becouse The unit is allready running On X7.2.

Any Idee?

Did you use the non-AES tar.gz file (s42701) on an AES system (s42700) by mistake - they use different release keys - I've made that mistake in the past.

Yes I did ........

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: