Views
Helpful
Replies

skillgroup could not be found

raunig123
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I am facing a strange problem, i can see in the reports a skill group like CCM_PIM1.Cisco_Voice.defau.30704 (5000), i have searched all over the ICM but i cannot find that skillgroup in the configuration manager, i even could not find any agent associated with this skillgroup, nor any script directing the call to it, please help me out.

Regards,

Raun

6 Replies 6

justine.joubran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Raun,

This is the default Skill Group, or System defined skill group.

Reports for this Skill Group include activities done by agents for calls not taking the default route (inbound call through the IVR). Example of calls reported in the default Skill Group include: call transfer from an agent to another, call initiated from an agent to another. Calls reported in the configured Skill Group include the normal reports where the agents answer the inbound calls (calls coming from the IVR and being assigned to the Skill Group).

You can find more info here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3597044

Hope this helps,

Justine.

yes Raun, the defult skill group used to non icm call routing , so i agree with justine

Thank you very much for the information, there are couple of things need to be clarified.

1. We are using webview not cuic.

2.we donot want the calls to be displayed in this skillgroup.

3. Or is it possible to rename this skillgroup, as it looks quite odd in the reporting.

Hi Raun,

I was able to hide the reports for this default skill group using CUIC by hardcoding the SQL query as follows:

in the WHERE clause I specified the ID of the LIVE Skill Group

Note that in the call center where I have made this modification, all agents are assigned to only one skill group.

I think that you cannot hide those reports in webview because webview uses predefined templates.

Also you may think of the following:

after hiding the reports for the default skill group, your customer will ask you: what is the "busy other" field in the live skill group? why are the number relatively high? well the reports under the default skill group will explain the busy other percentages.

Hope this helps,

Justine.

Hi Justine,

Can we specify any agents which can take the defult skill grouped routed calls, how can we distinguish which calls are being reported in this skill group.

Can you please provide me the command which you used to hide this skillgroup.

Thanks,

Raun

Hi Raun,

It seems like you're still confused with the default skill group.

• Let's say you are configuring a new ICM system. When you create a new skill group using configuration manager, you will be creating a skill group with ID 5001. This is because the default skill group is already created and it has the ID of 5000.
  • Then you assign agents to this newly created skill group (ID 5001)
  • When a customer calls and the call arrives to the agents, this is an inbound call through the 5001 skill group
  • However, if an agent dials a colleague's extension or a supervisor's extension and speaks to them, information of this type of calls would be listed under the default skill group (ID 5000) in reporting

To answer you question:

Can we specify any agents which can take the defult skill grouped routed calls, how can we distinguish which calls are being reported in this skill group.

all the agents belong to the default skill group by default.

In order to remove the default Skill Group from the CUIC reports, I had to hard code the Skill Group in the WHERE statement as follows:

• WHERE  AND AND Skill_Group.SkillTargetID in (5001)

Hope this helps,

Justine.

(rate if useful)