Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber video not working with VCS starter pack X6.0

aastha.gupta1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We  have made Movi user in VCS starter pack. We are able to login using  Movi 3.0 version. We have recently downloaded Jabber Video and entered  the same settings as we were using in Movi i.e. the external and  internal VCS IP address and sip domain. However we are not able to login  into Jabber video. Do we need to make any changes in VCS starter pack  to run Jabber video.

We are still able to login into old Movi version using the old settings.

VCS starter pack version - x6.0

Movi version - 3.0

Jabber video version - 4.0

Regards,

Aastha Gupta

5 Replies 5

szelenka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is likely an issue with the Jabber Video for TelePresence template missing for the user attempting to authenticate.  I believe you need a template for each version of Movi the users are allowed to use.  You can download the most recent template from cisco.com, and after associating that with the users it should allow you to login.

Hi,

We have upgraded the version of VCS from X6.0 to X7.0. After that we were able to login into Jabber Video for telepresence (4.0 version).

Regards,

Aastha

Usha Davuluri
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I am facing the same issue as you metioned above. I am not able to register my Cisco Jabber iPad Video client using the VCS. Software version   of VCS is  X6.0. I have following options on my VCS .

Options    10 Non Traversal Calls, 100 Traversal Calls, 2500 Registrations, Encryption, Interworking, Device Provisioning.

If it is a tepmlet issue please point me to the right template please. current VCS server is in production and I am not sure whether we can upgrade it x7.0 or not? It is going to be helpful if I am able to register my client using the current version of software.

Regards,

Usha.

Hi Usha,

As of now I have not tried cisco jabber on IPad using VCS. But as per the configuration guide it says that it should work with x6.0.

Regards,

Aastha Gupta

Download the Cisco Jabber for iPad provisioning template and upload it to the TMS. That should fix your issue

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: