Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Cisco Aironet 1130

Unanswered Question
Jul 19th, 2012
User Badges:

Hi,

I have few wireless AP in each of the floor inside building. Occasionally, my users will encounter the problem whereby Wireless AP is not hang but my users just could not connect to it. At the end, they have to connect to the other wireless AP. After I restart the wireless AP by issuing the reload command from the console or power restart it manually, the users are able connect to the problematic wireless AP again.

What could be the root cause for it?  How to troubleshoot from here? Thank you for prompt reply.                 

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Scott Fella Thu, 07/19/2012 - 05:14
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

You can always try to upgrade the code to see if that helps. If its a particular AP, then maybe the AP is going bad. Next time, do a show log and see if you see anything. Also look at the switch port the ap is connected to and see if you see errors or anything g in the log that refers to that port.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Marco Gonzalez Thu, 07/19/2012 - 08:55
User Badges:

I agree with Scott about the software upgrade due to several bugs. If you are running a 12.4(21a)JA version then this is probably what is causing the issue because a bug that makes the access point to stop beaconing.

If you are not running the lates version 12.4(25d)JA1 please do the upgrade and let us know if that fix the issue or not.

Actions

This Discussion